• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Conquistador -- A Ti Custom Rebuild

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who is the lucky owner of this jewel?:drool:

PS where are trit slots?

Owner--me, for a change. :crackup: Actually, I made this as a prototype to pitch to a dealer, whom I hope to convince to partner with me to produce 25-50 pieces for sale, exclusively through him.

There are three slots for Trit vials in the tail, along with two holes for a split ring, although the photos don't show them well.

I'll try to get some better natural light photos tomorrow, after I finish the LE and polish up the body. All those edges are pretty sharp at the moment. That bezel would do some serious damage, if that was one's intent.

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Beauty, Fred! :eek:oo:

What's the OD and OAL? Doesn't look too big. The grip pattern on the tube is very nice looking - knurling is SO last year. :D

If I owned this light (which I would in a heartbeat), I'd probably want the bezel to be less hurty. :duck:

Also, I like the metal material you photographed the light on - I've always got my eye out for a new backdrop for light photography... nice one!

Keep us up to date on the prospect of getting more made! :popcorn:

:wave: john

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi John,

OD: Just under 1"
OAL: 3.5"

Funny, that's pretty small, but it seems big after handling the Killers so much.

Yeah, that's a very aggressive, non-pocket friendly bezel. But the light is intended for knife dealers and their customers seem to like sharp and terrifying things. :devil:

That's a great piece of honeycomb Ti that I found on eBay--I'm hoping to eventually put some colored gels under it and bring some light up from the bottom.

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
The new light looks awesome Fred!

While this thread is up at the top, I thought I'd post pics of the newest upgrade to my Conquistador. With all this free time I finally got around to doing some more work on it.

IMAG0067.jpg

Glow in the dark epoxy behind the Pearl, with Norland over it for that 'wet' look.

IMAG0068.jpg

~Chip

bf1

Enlightened
Only two words can describe that light, " Absolutely Magnificent".