the cyclops head lamp

Dirty Bill

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Cyclops headlamp.It is nice in size and weight. It has 3 modes,regular light. Green (?) red,and flashing red. my question is,did i choose poorly?

WigglyTheGreat

Newly Enlightened
How could we possibly answer this? We don't know the specs on the light or what your uses are. I have never heard of a cyclops light before. Is there a specific model? If you are happy with the light then you made the right choice, if not then it may have been a poor choice. It's one of those things where you will know better than anyone else if the light suits you or not. It would have made more sense for you to post before you made a purchase and asked for opinions based on your needs

Last edited:

CivilGear

Newly Enlightened
For the $15 price, it's somewhat a moot question. Seems to have a few more bells and whistles than normal which is nice. My only comment is that, in my experience, the AAA type flashlights suck up the juice too fast, I'd much prefer AA than AAA. FFT. If this is your first headlamp you will love it, but eventually it will break or you'll want more, and when you upgrade to say a Nitecore HC50 (my bias ;-) ) you will be blown away by the difference! See my review of the HC50 here. Enjoy!