The Glowworm (aka a new Tritium-Lantern)

Orange Sunnyboy

Newly Enlightened
This looks great. Will be interesting to see the other designs too. Alternating slits would be cool, emit a good deal of light and require less machining. Much more fragile I suppose though. What's the maximum diameter vial you could use or is the top recessed for a 3mm vial? I assume 10mm is the external diameter.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
The most difficult part is done, only the clip needs to be milled... ;)

glowworm.jpg

service_wastl

Newly Enlightened
Toby, hope they will come soon! Can´t wait anymore! :)

Also the Ti Beads are perfect work! Hope to prepare my new ones at the weekend!

Wastl

toby_pra

Flashaholic
no sorry, no trit-sphere holder. You mean a plastic tube, like that, right?

The vial fits exaclty without any play. So no need to an extra tube.

gollum

Enlightened
I was thinking a 2 piece sphere holder with a thread
a lanyard loop and a flat base to stand
lots of large holes to let the tritium out

sorry to go a bit off topic

your vial holders are the nicest looking ones I've seen btw

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking a hollow skull with a way to get a sphere inside the skull. Holes for the eyes, nose & mouth.
I would be all over one of those.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking a hollow skull with a way to get a sphere inside the skull. Holes for the eyes, nose & mouth.
I would be all over one of those.

Toby, I LOVE the design of this! How many will be available? Hope to be able to get one!
The picture on the previous page is beautiful! Looking forward to seeing it done.

Not to get off topic but, Launch Mini, funny you should say that. I made these brass skulls a few months back. It has an 11mm green trit sphere inside and shines through the 2 holes on the sides and through the nose. I planned to put 1.5x5mm vials in the eyes. I just use a piece of rubber as a plug to keep it in. Took about 20 hours total. I use the mill to rough out the shape and mill any holes slots that can't be done by hand. the rest was all done freehand with a set of files.
Kinda scary to think about how long it took to do the 3..:ohgeez:

gollum, I have something in the works that might be what you are looking for. I too have 2 x 18mm spheres and have been messing around with a few ideas...I'll start a separate thread when its ready.

photobucket-4760-1321019844639.jpg

Last edited:

GLOCK18

Enlightened
Extremly nice product, drilling 48 holes must take some serious time. I look forward to puchasing one.