The "House" Flashlight

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got atleast one in every room, streamlight supertac in living room, a maglite LED AA and a 160 lumen Dorcy 6 AAA in the kitchen. A rayovac two AA 160ish lumen lantern (reflects off small inverted cone), bedroom has a rechargable 26 LED trouble light (kind you hook under the hood),
basement has a box full of old LED flashlights (roughly 30 in the box, some are no namers from Princess Auto) spare bedrooms each have one of those 160 lumen Tactical Costco lights.
At the Cabin I have 2 80 lumen Dorcy, on the fridge, a 45 lumen in each bedroom and a 2360 LED fireman issue Pelican with the glow Bezel on my night stand. In the utility room crafstman drill light combo and a 6volt handle on top halogen flood.

Cole07

Enlightened
I've got atleast one in every room, streamlight supertac in living room, a maglite LED AA and a 160 lumen Dorcy 6 AAA in the kitchen. A rayovac two AA 160ish lumen lantern (reflects off small inverted cone), bedroom has a rechargable 26 LED trouble light (kind you hook under the hood),
basement has a box full of old LED flashlights (roughly 30 in the box, some are no namers from Princess Auto) spare bedrooms each have one of those 160 lumen Tactical Costco lights.
At the Cabin I have 2 80 lumen Dorcy, on the fridge, a 45 lumen in each bedroom and a 2360 LED fireman issue Pelican with the glow Bezel on my night stand. In the utility room crafstman drill light combo and a 6volt handle on top halogen flood.
You proboably should save up and buy a Surefire or even a D cell mag with either a rebel LED or a malkoff drop-in because you know they will always work and there will be no question about it when you absolutely need them. I would not trust my life to any of the above mentioned except my Maglite or Surefire.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my coat I have Fenix PD30 in upper pocket, an LD20 in left pocket and a Quark mini AA2 in the right pocket. A Pelican 7060 LED on my hip. A Fenix TK40 in my lunchbox.

Another three Dorcy and a 2D maglite LED in the Truck.

My workvan has the Black&Decker 1360 lumen 12 volt halogen pistol grip rechargable and an energizer 80 lumen AA flashlight. Too much info?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefires are pricy but I will be buying a 6P or a 9p in the near future. What makes the Maglite LED a rebel? That a type of stock LED in newer ones? My 2D has a stalk LED but nowhere does it say rebel in the instructions

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only learned of higher end flashlights 3 months ago. The Pelican LED's, the Fenix, and Quark have all been purchased in the last three months. First was the fenix LD20

Cole07

Enlightened
All the new LED maglites come with a Rebel LED which are much better than the old Lux 3's and have tons more brightness and its a budget thrower good for 200+ meters.
To find out if yours is a Rebel, look at the LED module and see if there is a number on it right next to the LED dome. If their is and the LED is not removable then its a new Rebel version.

Last edited:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently have a 3D M@G near the front door table, and a 2D M@G next to the door to the garage. (Both have Malkoff SSC dropins)

-Mayo

soli

Newly Enlightened
While there are a growing amount of lights in various places around the house I think my house light is my 3d Mag with Malkoff Drop-in. It produces lots of light and the size of the 3d makes it a little easier to find in the dark.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have torches in every room , but the two main house torches are :-

Solarforce L2i with single mode dropin and using a single 18650 battery ... This one will tailstand whereas the L2s don't ... It is about 200 lumens ('ish) though not a floody beam.

Old ex-Police Maglite 2C fitted with a Fusion 36 LED module ($23) and running on two 18500 batteries ... It will also run on six AAA batteries or even on two C cells ... It is between 400 and 600 lumens depending on batteries used ... This is a wall of light and my Wife loves it ... 36 LEDs each of a minimum of 11 lumens ... It is designed to be used with from two to six C or D cells ... With six (C or D) cells this would give 600 lumens and still act as a baton ... Highly recommended , particularly as a 2D with six AA Eneloops installed.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire U2. Loads of 18650s and ways to charge them as well..

Got 2, one is still stock the other runs a neutral white MC-E:devil:

A headlamp is also very useful and the Zebralight H501W works great for that.

chanjyj

Enlightened
I'm not shitting you, but my Olight SR90 is my house light :D

Within a 3m radius of my bed (also my sofa!):
Sitting in a SKB case is a TK10, RRT2, TA21, M30, TK30.

Lying 1m from my feet is a LD01.

Lying 1.02m from my feet is a China light, called "i-Lite". Takes 1AAA. From what I can tell, it uses a XP-E emitter. Runtime is roughly that of the LD01. About the only difference is the quality of the exterior.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look at my Maglite. If it's not a rebel, I'll have to buy another. Canadian stores are alway 6 months to a year behind

Fulgeo

Enlightened
My house light is the first SSC P7 mod I ever built. I used a teal 3D Mag, cutdown stock plastic reflector, 250 FL aspherical lens and powered it with 3 Accupower Evolution 10000 mAh D LSD cells. It gives me 3.5+ hours of run time. I keep it next to the night stand. I bounce it off the wall and read books by its glow. Sort of a long term experiment. It is still running strong and probably has close to a 100 hours on it.

Egsise

Banned
Fenix TK20 with diffuser tip, it's a thrower and a lantern, easy to use and small enough that even the kids can use it.
Only 2xAA which are easy to replace when they wore out.

Simple, versatile, rugged.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a 060 next to the bulb, and its springloaded, can't get the bulb out by hand. My maglite is a rebel

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figure the goal is to paint the whole house, inside and out, with electroluminescent paint ....

Cole07

Enlightened
Looks like a 060 next to the bulb, and its springloaded, can't get the bulb out by hand. My maglite is a rebel
Then yes you have a Rebel. And its actually 090 because a 3D Rebel Mag, the one I have says 091 for the three cells.