The Manker E14III - an update that defies both physics and economics….

eart

Newly Enlightened
What's the UI like on these? The last light I bought was an emisar d4 (not v2) with 219c back in 2017. It's served me well. Would this be a good upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wweiss

Enlightened
The UI is very simple and logical. But asking about a UI is like asking what 'colors' look like. 16 million opinions.

wweiss

Enlightened
Update after one month:

Of all my lights, I have been reaching for this one more each night for the 2 mile woods dog-walk. Huge HICRI flood with more than enough punch on turbo - effectively almost equals a thrower's reach on turbo - the beam is perfect for situational awareness here in the SW Connecticut dense woods. Road walking is perfect too as even canted downward, the wide/ bright beam spread causes oncoming traffic to move way over. I highly recommend it for these tasks - the lowest low (It looks lower than .02L next to my HDS) is great as a night light. The UI is also logical, simple and useful. My only real gripe is that the stainless tail tact button has a good clicky feel, but is sensitive and I have to remember to 4-click the light to 'safety off' in my pocket.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what they are trying to make this seems amazing, but practical is something else. 4000 Lm and running on a single 18350? Even when running with 1x 18650 I still call that ridiculous. Is turbo runtime going to be listed in fractions of a second? 180Lm on low is way too high for this light to be used for EDC, or anywhere apart from outside for that matter. Even 10Lm is sometimes too much for me indoors. Who is this light supposed to be intended for?

wweiss

Enlightened
I forgot to say that I use the 18650 tube for my long walks. Also, for EDC in the 18350 tube, it's perfect because there are 5 low modes of which 5L is the highest in that group.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ramping moonlights are excellent!
I use the low, which is actually closer to 120lm, for my highest beam
Rear electronic switch has nice tactical feel.. Two quick clicks from any mode to turbo, scares the crap out of coyotes, also will wake up your neighbors:tired:

wweiss

Enlightened
Here in Connecticut we have black bears and eastern coyotes skunks fishers and bobcats. The only trouble I ever had with anything are skunks. Bright lights don't scare skunks at all. Even the tremendous bright of the Turbo!!.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our west coast skunks have the same attitude. I guess with their built in defense system nothing seems to get them excited, not even car tires

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so stoked about E14III UI and Mankers superb build quality, i just ordered E03H SST20 NW Angle head AA Runs eneloops, or 14500.. Not only just a headlamp, it comes with pocket clip and has tail magnet so can be used inside engine bays

wweiss

Enlightened
I am so stoked about E14III UI and Mankers superb build quality, i just ordered E03H SST20 NW Angle head AA Runs eneloops, or 14500.. Not only just a headlamp, it comes with pocket clip and has tail magnet so can be used inside engine bays

I know exactly how you feel.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone noticed (assuming you got the Manker 18350 battery) that the little green LED light on the battery stays on after removing the charge cable - stays on all the time?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just posted the same issue with the acebeam battery from my w30. Acebeam hasn't replied and I'm about to toss it before it explodes

Lumen83

Enlightened
The light looks awesome, but I keep seeing it called an EDC light and I'm wondering how are y'all carrying that thing? Looks way too fat for a pocket light. For me, anyway. Are you clipping it to your belt?

wweiss

Enlightened
Yes, it fades out after about 5 days on my batts. Doesn't seem to reduce runtimes to a great degree.

wjv

Enlightened
So are the run times longer with a 3500mAh 18650 instead of the standard 1100mAh battery?

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
How would this compare to my current Olight S1R II?

(The S1R II has been giving me trouble,and I'd like a reliable replacement.)

Update:just ordered the NW E14 III from goinggear.com.

Last edited: