• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The many wonderful flavors of the McLux PD.... Share yours here!!!

Dogliness

Enlightened
My current McLux PD lights.
McLux-PDs-circle.jpg

greenLED

Flashaholic
Thanks to Don's generosity, I can now share pics of my PD. :bow: Don! It's a PD-S-Ti-H3-mizer (Seoul P4, Ti clip and bezel ring, trit vial in piston, mizer option (which is as bright as a U-bin Lux).

If that wasn't enough, what makes this light *really* special, is that it has it's own special emitter:

greenledspdstih3mizer11ob2.jpg

:nana:

Of course I had to go mod the darned thing as soon as I got my grubby paws on it, so now it has a GID o-ring in the bezel in place of the stock one. I'm thinking I might color-anodize the bezel ring, but I'm not sure yet.

Oh, did I mention I dropped it already? :green: I made a *tiny* ding on the edge of the tail end. It's not enough for anyone to notice and the HA is intact, etc., but I know it's there. Does it bother me? Not a bit!! This light's a user.

Thank you, Don!

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green, you deserved this!!

That is one sweet light!!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
greenLED said:
It's a "regular" PD-S-Ti-H3-mizer (Seoul P4, Ti clip and bezel ring, trit vial in piston, mizer option (which is as bright as a U-bin Lux).

gLED, your description of the light contradicts its self. :shrug:

A regular PD-S is driven at 525mA, where your Mizer is driven @ 300mA. Perhaps by "regular" you meant, regular Black HA type III? :)

Don is a great man, he doesnt have to give anyone anything, he just does! :goodjob:

And I know youre loving that PD green! :rock:

Fringe

Enlightened
What is going on with the emitter? It looks like it has some glow powder or something around it, or is it a green led?

Sable

Enlightened
I believe it's the GID O-ring and a clever combination of photography angles.

On another note - I just got my hands on a PD for the first time ever (thanks to qdr!).

Colour me impressed!

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Sable said:
I believe it's the GID O-ring and a clever combination of photography angles.
Nope. Come on - it's greenLED... GREEN LED - he used another flashlight with a greenLED to light it. Do you see the green reflection on the tip of the Ti clip, the bezel ring, and even his blanky ( :nana: )?? Clever Mr. Green... clever... :thumbsup:

Ok, I wouldn't have guess it either, but greenie already said it elsewhere. ;)

john

greenLED

Flashaholic
jch79 said:
Nope. Come on - it's greenLED... GREEN LED - he used another flashlight with a greenLED to light it. Do you see the green reflection on the tip of the Ti clip, the bezel ring, and even his blanky ( :nana: )?? Clever Mr. Green... clever... :thumbsup:

Ok, I wouldn't have guess it either, but greenie already said it elsewhere. ;)
Yup, John's got it. I shone my green LED ArcAAA into the bezel for that pic.

He even got the blanky part right! :lolsign: Actually, no, it's a sheet of that thin padding material than comes with some electronics. I couldn't find my blanky. :crackup:

I should take and post pics of the glo-ring so y'all can see the difference.

PSM - I was trying to be goofy in the sense that there's nothing "regular" about the light Don so kindly sent me. You're right, mizer is what I have. I'll edit that in a bit to prevent further confusion.

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, might as well update mine...

dsc0658rd0.jpg

I know this is a PD thread, so pay no attention to that C-pack. :sssh:

-DF