The Maratac AAA "Cu"

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: HELP! Re: The Maratac AAA "Cu"

Thanks for your answers, guys. I know it works great on alkaline and NIMH.
I was hoping that some brave souls risked using lions on high for extended periods and got away with it.
Realistically, it would be too costly to replace if the experiment failed.
I wouldn't go anywhere near a lion, especially if it were high. That's just asking for trouble.

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!

I really enjoy the ease of this light!

ba3f203c-2ce5-4ce5-820f-60abdd4c4ed7_zpse6f8e043.jpg

Dingle1911

Enlightened

Smarkum, do you polish your light or is it still new? If you polish it what do you use?

jaxxsun

Newly Enlightened
I had several Maratac flashlights and gave them out as gifts . The copper ages beautifuly. But to my dismay. The Maratac AA copper stopped working. I inquired about getting it fixed and recived a short email about sending me some information. That was over a week ago. So I am done. I just picked up a Zebra light and looking at Olight to fill all of my flashlight needs. If you really want a beautiful copper flash light. Get a AAA from Prometheus lights. They are better made than maratec and Jason will fix it if it ever just dies.That has been my edc for months.

turkeylord

Enlightened
Finally got the nuts to go for it, and now I have an Illumination Supply Nichia 219B Preon 2 pill in my Maratac AAA Cu. :D

I had tried to remove the pill the conventional way several times, but it proved impossible. Weighed my options and decided that I would sacrifice the Preon head to get the pill out without harm.

Couldn't find my big file so Leatherman it was. Filed down till I could see threads.
p06w3OB.jpg

I wound up filing down 6 flats.
hOJ2wYA.jpg

"Peeling" the head pieces off the pill.
zLREVig.jpg

Free at last! Look at all that glue.
M0L3Fsw.jpg

Pill cleaned up and installed in Maratac head.
rQs5M5r.jpg

Head on the Preon 2 body.
JR8t1Yc.jpg

And finally the Maratac.
YmjI4T4.jpg

Works perfectly :clap:

turkeylord

Enlightened
I'd like to convert my Cu AA clicky too, but I can't get the pill out for the life of me. I don't like the ramp down/up UI.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just put it in a plastic bag and boil it. Then use force. You need to heat the glue to have any chance to get the pill out. I like boiling it because it`s easy to over heat it with a lighter or blowtorch :)

Latest posts