The Maratac AAA "Cu"

mhphoto

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying my Mini AA for the past few months, so the copper AA has been on a shelf since. Odd thing is, before I left it be, I polished it throughly, and it hasn't tarnished all that much. I try to keep myself from touching and ogling at it too much, but sometimes the temptation is hard. It's so darn pretty

fyrstormer

Banned
I think copper patinas (is that a verb?) better than brass; the zinc content in brass makes the oxide layer hazy in appearance. As a purely functional metal it's stronger and somewhat lighter, but I prefer the appearance of aged copper if I have to choose between the two.

mhphoto

Newly Enlightened
I think copper patinas (is that a verb?) better than brass; the zinc content in brass makes the oxide layer hazy in appearance. As a purely functional metal it's stronger and somewhat lighter, but I prefer the appearance of aged copper if I have to choose between the two.

+1

I'm a huge all-around fan of copper and its alloys. I'd have to say that, of the big three, brass is my least favorite. Aside from copper, bronze is one handsome metal, and the history behind the alloy only adds to its allure for me. Copper would still top my list, though.

mhphoto

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure I've ever seen aged bronze and recognized it as distinct from brass. Pics?

IIRC (from the depths of my fuzzy mind), bronze seems to patina more consistently than brass (disregarding enameled brass). It also seems deeper, but it's a deeper looking metal anyway, so I doubt the patina is any darker. I mean, give anything with a fair amount of copper long enough and it'll turn to verdigris.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I love the look of brass on some items, but definitely copper or bronze for me when it comes to appearance.
+1

I'm a huge all-around fan of copper and its alloys. I'd have to say that, of the big three, brass is my least favorite. Aside from copper, bronze is one handsome metal, and the history behind the alloy only adds to its allure for me. Copper would still top my list, though.
Copper has such a great beauty to it and I love it, but bronze in it's many useful forms has me from so many perspectives. Swords, cymbals, raw castings and an Ion!
I'm not sure I've ever seen aged bronze and recognized it as distinct from brass. Pics?
If any of your friends have drums sets with some older cymbals you can see aged bronze and how deep the patina goes.

Zildjian, Paiste and Sabian are only three of the leading brands but definitely the oldest ones that have been handled a lot will present the best examples.

SAKplumber

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I thought hey were too pretty before but now that I've seen that they age so well I WANT ONE! Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll come back with some more at CC.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that I can post in the Marketplace, but does anyone know of a retailer that currently has these in stock. I would love to buy one or two more of these little beauties. I have mine on a keyring that I EDC. What a great light :candle:

i don't think anyone has these in stock. post a WTB thread in the marketplace and you may get a bite :)

msim

Enlightened
The UI is reversed from the non copper version - now it's low-high and the low is lower too.