• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The McLux has landed!

B@rt

Flashaholic
fcd6cb3b.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by BigHonu:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by darell:
I really didn't want to bring this up, since it is such a private thing and all. But we're all family here, right? Well, I've been left no choice since the gauntlet has been thrown down. Don't say you didn't ask for it, Don!

Don is actually a man.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is that a Man man, or a...lumberjack man....(Monty Python definition)
Can't wait to order guys!

Aloha
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">BigHonu, you're not referring to that scene from the Monty Python "And now, for something completely different" where there is Canadian lumberjack song and dance number, are you? Y'know, the one that ends with "I'm a girlie, just like my dear Papa" or something like that?

Man, Monty Python is just tooo funny!
grin.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter Atwood: Thanks for the good word.
smile.gif

DSpeck: Have ya considered that what you want is likely possible thru Wayne's shoppe? There's always hope yet...
grin.gif

Heavy Armor: I'm not sure where you got the rumors for a 3rd, 4th, 5th run - but don't put hard currency on that, please! It will be a relief (really) if the 1st run will move completely, a real nailbiter if a 2nd run takes place and they might have found Elvis and colonized Mars by the time a 3rd run is even contemplated. *LOL* As a flashaholic, I dream it -but as the guys who have to grapple with the task of doing so - hehe - well, reality usually awakens you less-than-politely
smile.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by mst3k:
Speaking of Skunk Works, I believe it might cost us a tad more to order up some of these pups:

index_collage.jpg

Sorry for the OT
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uh-oh, guys - he's on to us! I KNEW I shouldn't have posted pix of the McLux3000 on our public server!
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Budd -

All TK units will be single cell, as pictured. It looks like we may have hte loose pieces to build yourself a 2 or 3 cell version. You *could* modify a TK unit later, but that'll mean destructively removing the driver and possibly the LED. Possible to do, I suppose, but not much fun... and with potential for disaster. It sounds as if you'd be better off building your own if a longtail is what you're after.

If the SF clicke is a direct retrofit for the E2 series, then NO, it will not work on the McLux. We have an internal thread for the Kroll (as found on the current Arc lights and Minimags). So, more simply put - if the Kroll won't fit the Surefire, the Surefire clickie won't fit the McLux.

yclo

Flashaholic*
However, the Surefire E series body will screw into the McLux head. But the user should be careful not to use 2 cells or more with a normal 1WBB.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
PLEASE forgive me for asking this question, if it has already been asked and answered. As you may have noticed, I am on CPF at least ONCE every day, often times more.

1. Are there any 2 and 3 Cell versions of the McLux?

2. If I buy a turnkey McLux now, will I be able to modify my light to be a 2 or 3 cell system in the future?

3. Would a Surefire clickie screw onto the end of your light?

As I have mentioned to another "mod-er", Mr. Bulk, I am very appreciative of your time and efforts, offering us, in your case, a custom built and designed and crafted and engineered, from the ground up hight quality, well built and well thought out light. I think, except for the Kroll tailcap, EVERYTHING has been completely constructed from raw materials!

I don't just want to seem like I am "pestering yall" with questions, I want yall to know I am very grateful!

Thanks!

mst3k

Enlightened
Ok, this has happened several times now and I don't know where else to post this, but It really is amazing to still get peoples reactions to this light on my side. I often forget its there as I use it everyday. But then guys will be staring at it and ask, "What is that?" I try to explain that its a limited edition custom flashlight with a Luxeon bla bla bla, knowing it won't matter cause they probably can't get one anyways, so I'm at a loss as to to what to tell people. Anyone out there have good stories as to peoples reactions upon seeing your McLux??

Bump

McGizmo

Flashaholic
With the evolution of technology, more and more people are carrying personal electronic devices that have replaced simpler items of the past. A $.25 notepad in the back pocket is now replaced with a $250 PDA. These are functional tools that many can't believe they used to be without. My wife showed the McLux around at her office (real estate) and came home with more orders than I could fill. These are people who are not flashaholics and yet were willing to pay $125 for an illumination tool!

As *WE* all know, the sun sets and lights go out. A good flashlight is a tool worth considering and carrying. With new SSL products and budding consumer awareness, I think the future for more widespread EDC of LED lights is more than likely. It would not surprise me that in the coming years, interest in flashlights will grow in size more akin to the current interest in knives, writing pens and other personal items. You can buy a $.19 Bic or a $190 Monte Blanc; both provide the same function. You can buy a $7.99 flashlight or................

- Don