• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The New Tailcap from Don!!The McTC Tailcap listed at the Shoppe.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of these tailcaps (just ordered it today) to put on a TranquillityBase E series 18650 tube. I really wanted (and still want) an Aleph standard tailcap, but I'm doubting how often they'll come up for sale.

Has anyone tried the McTC on a TB tube? How does it look? The stock Surefire Z57 looks just a little bit too small on the end of that big tube.

Can anyone with a pair of calipers measure the OD of the McTC in a couple places for me?

Last edited:

mykall

Enlightened
They look a little longer than the old ST which was about the longest of the original set. Just from the picture it looks like it would add another 1/8 to 3/16" to the length of the light.

Am I wrong?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ty_Bower said:
I bought one of these tailcaps (just ordered it today) to put on a TranquillityBase E series 18650 tube. I really wanted (and still want) an Aleph standard tailcap, but I'm doubting how often they'll come up for sale.

Has anyone tried the McTC on a TB tube? How does it look? The stock Surefire Z57 looks just a little bit too small on the end of that big tube.

Can anyone with a pair of calipers measure the OD of the McTC in a couple places for me?

Here is a pic of a black one on a HA-Nat TB 18650 tube.
Titailcaps001.jpg

Tailcap diameter at button end: 1"
Tailcap diameter at tube end: 7/8"
OAL: .945"

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Morelite said:
Here is a pic of a black one on a HA-Nat TB 18650 tube.
Thanks for the photo. I've picked one up to put on my TB tube. I like the looks better than the stock Z57 clickie. I'd still like to find a standard Aleph tailcap (in natural, please) but no luck so far. :shrug: