• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Next Big Deal - FD40vn!!!

akhyar

Enlightened
In stock form, the specs are nothing to shout about, but the use of 26650 battery and Fenix build quality had me stoked.
I wonder what your magic can do to this light? :D

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always say that anything can be accomplished with just these 4 tools:
Hammer,
Vice-grip pliers,
Duct tape and,
Credit card.
Use the hammer & Vice-grip pliers to dismantle, then Duct tape to repair, and finally use the credit card to replace the item that you just royally screwed up!
:D

Dude, you don't need 4, you only need 3.

If your vice-grips aren't big enough to use as a hammer, you need bigger vice-grips.

Otherwise--yeah, totally agree. And to be honest, I actually do use 4 tools myself.

Not the hammer thing, but I have one vice-grip for standard and a second for metric.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always say that anything can be accomplished with just these 4 tools:
Hammer,
Vice-grip pliers,
Duct tape and,
Credit card.
Use the hammer & Vice-grip pliers to dismantle, then Duct tape to repair, and finally use the credit card to replace the item that you just royally screwed up!
:D

How could you forget a torch in your list? :poke:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
neck part below the bezel

Vinh,

You need one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-6-JAW-SEL...003-TIR-new-/180933510562?hash=item2a207a45a2

Wrap the light body with good duct tape, two wraps minimum, then show the light, who's boss. Just hope they aren't using a left hand thread.

Also, if you can see where the seam is between the head and the body, dribbling in some MEK will break most thread lockers free. Caution, MEK is a very potent solvent. Do not purchase the substitute MEK product.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh,

You need one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-6-JAW-SEL...003-TIR-new-/180933510562?hash=item2a207a45a2

Wrap the light body with good duct tape, two wraps minimum, then show the light, who's boss. Just hope they aren't using a left hand thread.

Also, if you can see where the seam is between the head and the body, dribbling in some MEK will break most thread lockers free. Caution, MEK is a very potent solvent. Do not purchase the substitute MEK product.

$300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
$300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vinh, if $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gets you upset, then you wouldn't want to purchase any machine tools.

Purchase some of the MEK solvent and an eye dropper and find the seam on the head where it's screw together. Drop some solvent in and use two strap wrenches.

One of my machine vises cost $1400, the others around $600. Price a Kurt D810 or the smaller D688. $300 is a bargain.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, if $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gets you upset, then you wouldn't want to purchase any machine tools.

Purchase some of the MEK solvent and an eye dropper and find the seam on the head where it's screw together. Drop some solvent in and use two strap wrenches.

One of my machine vises cost $1400, the others around $600. Price a Kurt D810 or the smaller D688. $300 is a bargain.

Who said I am upset. I am trying to buy one now LOL

$300 does hurt though

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh,

The $300 with almost as many exclamation points appeared to be like WOW, need to find another way to open this thing.

Maybe you could take two pieces of hardwood and use a hole saw the diameter of the light area you want to hold, then clamp that into your bench vise.

Make sure to use plenty of tape to keep from marring the finish.

If you were here on the east coast, I'd let you use my lathe to clamp the light in and then use the strap wrench.

There's a company named SHARS, that markets lathe chucks as well as index holders. You can change from vertical to horizontal. I didn't find one on eBay, but they normally have them for about the same amount of money.

MSCDirect has this http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/08560385 for under $200, but you have to center the work piece up inside.

scintillator

Enlightened
Be careful with those lathe chucks,the through hole diameter is usually only 1.5 to 2" depending on the size of the chuck.
I like the hardwood idea make the hole,cut the hardwood in half divideng the hole in half,use bench vise to squeeze the light in the wood hole.
Of course talk is cheap.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am gonna give it another go tomorrow full force. If it scratch then so be it..