The Official CPF Hot Sauce Thread!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Without knowing what kind of foods to pair them with I'll just throw some out there that I really enjoy with everything.

Melinda's Fire roasted garlic and habanero is good on just about anything. It's delicious.

High River Sauces Cheeba Gold it's a mustard/curry/fruity sauce I really enjoy.

Secret Aardvark Habanero-it's a thick roasted tomato sauce that pairs well with anything

Chocolate Plague from Puckerbutt. It's extremely hot but has a great flavor from the hybrid pepper. It's smoky and earthy. Most sauces that hot don't have a great flavor profile but edd Currie always impresses with his stuff.

Bravado Spice Company-literally anything from this company is amazing that I've tried.
The crimson is great in noodles.
The aka miso is very hot but I like it on everything.
The black garlic Carolina reaper will burn you but I ate it on literally everything for a month straight at work. (Literally everything I had for lunch)
The Serrano and basil is amazing for dressing up pastas and pizza and meatballs. I made a creamy tomato soup out of it and had grilled cheese sandwiches. Delicious

There's just a few of my all time favorites. I'm sure I'll think of more but I buy these most often.

Honorable mention would probably be Dave's creamy jalapeño

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad days……. Moving the bottles out of the old office.

Attachments

• A6EDAF29-C8C8-4891-A61B-365DFBF73BB6.jpeg
    A6EDAF29-C8C8-4891-A61B-365DFBF73BB6.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 66

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, Frank's Red Hots.
No, I don't put that :poop: on everything.
But I like it when I want to spice things up a bit.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a bottle of franks around almost all the time. I really like it when I just want a regular old vinegar/cayenne sauce.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Really like the flavor of Cholula, not crazy hot, just good flavor.
Can always finely grind my arbol chilis and mix some in for more horsepower

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Really like the flavor of Cholula, not crazy hot, just good flavor.
Can always finely grind my arbol chilis and mix some in for more horsepower
If you dig enough through the giant collection of sauces I had eaten at work you would be able to find one of every example that cholula has to offer. The local dollar general near my office had the cholula green for a dollar for a whole month. I think I posted that in here somewhere already but it's worth mentioning again haha

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ye old office. My coworker took the bottles with him when they finished shutting it down and made a new hot sauce monument.

Anything out there I need to try?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Catfish/barbecue place a few miles from work makes their own hot sauce. It's kind of a well…. Thicker franks/sriracha hybrid type concoction. It's a really good sauce. I'm not a huge sriracha fan but their take on it is delicious.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Melindas has released a bunch of new flavors. If I get a chance I'll try them out and let ya know what I think:

Ghost pepper strawberry preserves

Japanese barbecue

Ghost pepper Buffalo ranch

2xHot honey (probably won't buy that as one of my good friends is a honey farmer and I only buy from him)

Ghost pepper black truffle

Honestly nothing too exciting. I'm not a huge ranch fan. I'll still give them a try.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still no updates on Melinda's. Been too busy.

I reckon Ed Currie has broken Guinness record for hottest pepper again. I like dealing with him. Responds to emails quickly

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a small batch of the last jalapeños from my garden, half of which have gone all soft, wrinkly, and red (hope that's not me in 10 years... lol). Gonna' try making my first ever hot sauce using a fairly simple recipe. Will report back.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything out there I need to try?
Yes. Famous guitarist, and long time friend Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has been producing outstanding sauces for years. Ron understands that hot sauce needs to taste really good (numerous companies, including some well known ones do not), and he delivers big time.

Currently offering three different flavor styles with varying heat levels. Highly recommended.

Latest posts