The Official Zebralight Thread .

Swede74

Enlightened
I have H502w and H52w. I am sticking with AA for now due to my obsession with discreet EDC.

@ davidt1 You need a 30 day in house recovery center followed by a strong 12 step program. :nana:

Or a 13 step program :naughty:

zl_mode.jpg

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's like... 2 better than 11! :rock:

...but why not just have 10 modes and make 10 one step brighter? :)

Zebralight: Goes to 11? Nah, we go to 13!

RIX TUX

Enlightened
Tough to make a thrower in a small form (unless you go with one of those nutty lenses that just paint a big picture of your LED). Since Zebralight is all about small lights, I don't think a thrower would make sense in their current lineup. They would need to start a whole new design for them.
well I have a Roche f12 and its the same size and throws pretty good, so it can be done

RIX TUX

Enlightened
I think a big version of the SC600 would be nice. Basically, something like the Eagletac S200C2. Stretch it a bit and increase the head. No twisty head, just the usual Zebralight UI. But personally, I think I prefer the forward clicky on my S200C2. I ONLY use high mode; lower modes on a thrower don't make sense for me since I bought my thrower specifically to throw.
but a thrower beam needs less lumens, my best thrower is only 220 lumens

thebackcourse

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure my opinion has been stated numerous times by others and I hope I'm not beating a dead horse...but I REALLY like what I've heard about the ZLs but I wont buy one because they wont make one, JUST ONE:confused: lol, light with a normal switch on the tail cap. All my lights have tailcap switches, and since I carry a light both for general use and to supplement my carry piece, I'm not going to mess with 2 switch types. I am not willing to risk fumbling with a goofy contrarian switch in the event I find myself in a situation in which fractions of a second can make the difference between living and dying.

I wish they'd make just a single tac switch type light...because I like almost everything else about them.

Is there a specific reason they don't make a bottom switch? It really seems to me that they're just trying to be different for the sake of being different. I get it, you're a unique little snow flake lol...now make the light I actually want! lol I've never tail-stood a light, because I just don't think LED light bounces all that well, so that's not something that ever remotely factors into my flashlight buying decision making process. I'm open to new ideas...I just don't see a side switch as anything remotely new, it's regressive if anything. Just my opinion...and worth exactly what I was paid for it lol.

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
Yes the SC62 definitely fits in your pocket better. Maybe it's just me, but I can't comfortably carry even my SC52w in jeans. And they're not tight; just basic "loose straight leg" Arizonia jeans I got a JC Penny.

Carrying a SC600? No way. I would need to be wearing something like this:

jnco.jpg

Is that Dave Grohl ? LOL

EDCing a SC600 works for me without jeans like that .

RIX TUX

Enlightened
I'm sure my opinion has been stated numerous times by others and I hope I'm not beating a dead horse...but I REALLY like what I've heard about the ZLs but I wont buy one because they wont make one, JUST ONE:confused: lol, light with a normal switch on the tail cap. All my lights have tailcap switches, and since I carry a light both for general use and to supplement my carry piece, I'm not going to mess with 2 switch types. I am not willing to risk fumbling with a goofy contrarian switch in the event I find myself in a situation in which fractions of a second can make the difference between living and dying.

I wish they'd make just a single tac switch type light...because I like almost everything else about them.

Is there a specific reason they don't make a bottom switch? It really seems to me that they're just trying to be different for the sake of being different. I get it, you're a unique little snow flake lol...now make the light I actually want! lol I've never tail-stood a light, because I just don't think LED light bounces all that well, so that's not something that ever remotely factors into my flashlight buying decision making process. I'm open to new ideas...I just don't see a side switch as anything remotely new, it's regressive if anything. Just my opinion...and worth exactly what I was paid for it lol.
I think ZL's are not considered a tactical type light by design. And I used to favor a tail switch but bought a side switch light and like them much better.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think ZL's are not considered a tactical type light by design. And I used to favor a tail switch but bought a side switch light and like them much better.

Yes. If you like a tail switch, then buy from another manufacturer. There are plenty of choices. No point in trying to turn a cat into a dog.

I have lights with various kinds of switches. They all have a use, and I don't find using different switches a problem. A simple on/off tail switch is probably easiest for newbies or tactical situations, but I like variety.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would not even consider a ZL for a tactical application?
The switching is just not as predictable as needed for the application regardless of opinion?

If I pull a gun and light and need full output from the light every time I want a single mode light period.

Erik1213

Enlightened
As you can see by my signature, I have many Zebras.

My SC52w is used on moon mode to illuminate my room a bit at night because I want it to be as dark as possible but not so dark that I can't find my way to the bathroom. That solves that problem completely.

The first SC600w was my first Zebralight. It was my EDC for a long time and I really like the light. I won't sell it.

Then I upgraded to the SC600w L2, which became my next EDC. I loved it so much more! The PID regulation, the battery meter, the smaller size. A wonderful upgrade!

Somewhere around here I ended up purchasing the S6330 with three Zebralight ZL631 (18650) batteries for the same price Zebralight was selling just the light for. It doesn't see much use but when I do break it out, I have had people make comments like "I thought there was a train coming at me!" It's such a hilariously bright light.

I was gifted an SC51f and I use that as my headlight because the frosted lens makes up close work a breeze.

My last Zebralight was an SC62d. I wanted a smaller light (not that the SC600 was much bigger) that was high CRI and almost cool white. I won with this one! It has replaced everything. I always keep it in my pocket. It's such a nice all around light. But, it was also the first Zebralight to leave me in the dark. The LED actually fell off of the PCB. Zebralight repaired it under warranty and all is well again!

I am really tempted to buy the standard cool white SC62 because I don't have any cool white lights and would really like to try one out. I wish I could find a good beamshot to see how green/purple/blue the LED tint is in one of them.

rpm00

Enlightened
I currently have a SC52 SC600 L2 and SC62w. My favourite by far is the 62w because the tint is just so damn nice and the form factor is very compact. I usually only EDC in my coin pocket so it doesn't get EDC time like my smaller lights.

I had an SC62d which I sold because of the poor output for an 18650. The 62w is just way better and just as good tiny in my opinion.

I've been thinking about a headlamp but can't decide which to get. Thinking a AA model might be the best balance between weight and runtime. But I'm really stuck on whether to get flood, wide or not. I don't have a specific application for the use so want something that would be general purpose. Usually I'm using the headlamps indoors though working around the house.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
w, if you like neutral tints, and a higher CRI than you get with cool white
d, if you like cool tints, but want a higher CRI than you get with Cree's cool white
F, I'm not sure why you'd want a permanent diffuser on an already floody light, but I guess it's up to you

On a headlight Fw is absolute bliss.

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
I wonder why the SC62d isn't high output like the cw 62 or 62w . Because of the different emmiter ?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes most likely. The luxeon T doesn't push lumens and isn't as efficient as the Cree leds. The Nichia 219 is even worse in this regard if I remember correctly. 320lumens is plenty for anything that doesn't require long throw though.

Speaking of Nichias, how cool would it be to have a 3x Nichia Zebralight?

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
I actually like the ZL cool white tint , how does the "daylight" tint compare ?

eastenn

Newly Enlightened
On a headlight Fw is absolute bliss.

I will agree here. I got my H52Fw first and carried it around in my pocket for a week until my SC62w showed up..now, the SC62w takes the cake for any EDC purpose. The H52Fw beam is too floody to be a primary EDC, but as a lightweight headlamp it excels. The beam is spread out very nicely and no concentrated hot spot, but puts out enough light to see what you are doing without having to be at the highest level. I wanted a headlamp for close up tasks like camping, rolling under the truck to change the oil, and night fishing or hunting.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
I will agree here. I got my H52Fw first and carried it around in my pocket for a week until my SC62w showed up..now, the SC62w takes the cake for any EDC purpose. The H52Fw beam is too floody to be a primary EDC, but as a lightweight headlamp it excels. The beam is spread out very nicely and no concentrated hot spot, but puts out enough light to see what you are doing without having to be at the highest level. I wanted a headlamp for close up tasks like camping, rolling under the truck to change the oil, and night fishing or hunting.
I clip my H52Fw to the oustide of my pant pocket or my coat breastpocket, gives a very nice handsfree EDC (on top of my Fenix E11 XP-E2, currently have 4 simultaneous EDC (I have a problem, I know:sssh:) ). Often put the ZL in moonlight mode (L2a) when walking on the street, just to be more visible to cars, plus no need to fumble for my E11 when I need to light the keyhole (or even switch on the lights when I arrive home if I just need to go straight to my room).

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure this is already known by many , but 35mm print film canisters fit the SC600 II L2 perfect . Makes for a nice little lantern :thumbsup:

zTCo8iO.jpg