The Official Zebralight Thread .

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Official Zebralight Thread

My only suggestion would be to set the high modes to H1/M1 and the medium settings to H2/M2. Leave them on the medium settings (single click from off for M1, double click from off for M2), and then that way all you have to do when the light is on is double click when you need more light.
If there were an option to disable memory for sub-levels I would probably do exactly this. For me that would be a major improvement to the ui. But I don't want to have to keep track of which sub-level I turn it off in.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

If there were an option to disable memory for sub-levels I would probably do exactly this. For me that would be a major improvement to the ui. But I don't want to have to keep track of which sub-level I turn it off in.
I don't understand your concern with the current memory, knowing there are any of three levels to get get to directly from off.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

My only suggestion would be to set the high modes to H1/M1 and the medium settings to H2/M2. Leave them on the medium settings (single click from off for M1, double click from off for M2), and then that way all you have to do when the light is on is double click when you need more light.

That's what I do, in one of the mode groups. I have L2/M2/H2 set to 3 different levels, all medium or lower. Then L1/M1/H1 all set to max output. So, it's a simple double-click from whatever level am I on, to get to turbo. Works really well for when I just want a quick blast of light to look at something farther away.

WebHobbit

Enlightened

So I finally was coming around to the idea of ordering a SC600w IV HI to compliment my SC600w IV Plus.....and now they seem to have DROPPED this particular SKU!

So BUMMED

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange. Maybe it's just a blip. Their website is usually out-of-date and poorly maintained. The spreadsheet still has it listed as a current model.

Or, perhaps they're finally soon coming out with a Mk V version of their lights, and they're de-listing the Mk IV once it sells out. Christmas season isn't too far away, so it kind of makes sense they'd come out with something new in the next couple of months.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Speaking of SC600w's. I've been using a SW600w L2 II for a bit now and was curious if it was worth upgrading.

I like the fact that I can use protected and unprotected cells, not sure if this is the case with future models.

Also I never use the high setting so max output is irrelevant to me.

A smaller sized light would be nice and I think the UI is a bit different which may be nice as the ui one the mkii is a little annoying to me. But that's a nitpick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WebHobbit

Enlightened
Someone found it in stock at GPKnives and sent me a link....but now I'm kind of wondering if I should hold out for a possible new SC600xxx?

NPL

Enlightened
Xhp35 Hi led has been officially discontinued by Cree, but they have announced the xhp35.2 HI which is probably not yet available. Based on LED design of the second gen replacement, it is suspected to be more efficient but likely more green in tint. Nobody knows for sure until we see it.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's too bad. The XHP35 HI has a really nice, even, clean tint. It's especially pleasant on the SC64w HI, though the SC600w IV HI is nice too. Not so good if the XHP35.2 HI is :green:

WebHobbit

Enlightened
Went ahead and placed an order for the SC600w IV HI at GPKnives. Never ordered with them before. Hope all goes well! And thanks to SlumberPass for the tip off.

DMS1970

Enlightened
Are there any new lights coming from Zebralight? I did not go for a 700 but I've had most of their other lights. Ready for them to up the bar again...

markr6

Flashaholic
They somehow blocked google docs here at work and I can't open the spreadsheet now. Is the C3 still listed on that?

likethevegetable

Enlightened
On the topic of UI, I think a really cool option to toggle would be if when you hold, it ramps through each sub-mode then mode in increasing brightness. Click-ClickHold would take you opposite direction. Sort of how Anduril operates. I'm not partial to ramping UI's because I don't need 20 modes, 6 seems to be a great amount for me.