The Official Zebralight Thread .

SYZYGY

Enlightened
modded mine last night, and it's my new favorite flashlight.

beam shot of three modded sc64 and a stock d4v2:

lo0UFwC.jpg

left to right:
  • sc64w hi (high cri 4000K 90+ XHP35 HI, bob)
  • sc64c le (Nichia 219B R9080 sw35 3500K, bob)
  • sc64c le (Nichia 519A R9080 sm353 3500K M400 L5 dedomed, me)
  • d4v2 (Nichia 519A R9080 sm353 3500K dedomed, stock from hank)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
beautiful photo, congrats on your DD3500K
you have some great options
The floortiles second from left, look nicest to me

bmo

Newly Enlightened
Been out of the Zebralight handheld game for a long time, almost a decade now. Used to own an SC52w and SC62w and really loved them at the time, but ended up selling them as I had an obsession with tailswitches for handhelds for some reason. Additionally, the Zebralight tailswitch model never materialized as far as I know, so that ultimately led me to sell the SC52 and SC62 (though I regret not keeping the latter). Still own one of their headlamps, an H600fw mkII, which I still use quite often but it has some quirks. Namely a mushy switch and not the famous tactile clicky that ZL's were known for and the light will intermittently step down immediately from H1 for some reason.

At any rate, now I'm back and glad I jumped back in. Grabbed an SC5c II LE, SC64c LE, and the SC700d recently. The output on these things is really impressive compared to their older counterparts and absolutely love the tint on the LE models. Really missed the ZL UI on a handheld. I see that ZL's anodizing is a lot more consistent these days as well. I remember it used to be a crapshoot as to which shade of grey you'd get lol. The SC700d is really impressive for how small it is. I always wanted an S6330 when they were still making them because of the output and relatively small size (at the time), but it was still a little too chunky for my taste. I'll probably grab that SC600w IV Plus HI whenever it releases along with maybe one of their AA headlamps. Good to be back :)

gYticNRl.jpg

holygeez03

Enlightened
I'll probably grab that SC600w IV Plus HI whenever it releases along with maybe one of their AA headlamps. Good to be back

I didn't think the HI models were coming back? The SC600w Plus is probably my most used light at this point and I like it way more than HI model. I compared the SC600w Plus and HI directly and the Plus beam was far more useful in my opinion... my eyes could not tell any significant different in the HI throw, just narrower beam.

The SC64w makes more sense in the HI version to me, which I also have. The combination of SC600w Plus, SC64w HI, and H53Fc pretty much covers all my needs.

bmo

Newly Enlightened
I didn't think the HI models were coming back? The SC600w Plus is probably my most used light at this point and I like it way more than HI model. I compared the SC600w Plus and HI directly and the Plus beam was far more useful in my opinion... my eyes could not tell any significant different in the HI throw, just narrower beam.

The SC64w makes more sense in the HI version to me, which I also have. The combination of SC600w Plus, SC64w HI, and H53Fc pretty much covers all my needs.
The SC600w IV Plus HI was listed on their spreadsheet as coming out "very soon" so I didn't have any reason to doubt it. Been out of the game a long time so maybe things changed, but the spreadsheet looked like it was updated somewhat recently as of last month.

The HI just sounded pretty interesting to me and have never owned a HI variant so wanted to try it.

holygeez03

Enlightened
The SC600w IV Plus HI was listed on their spreadsheet as coming out "very soon" so I didn't have any reason to doubt it. Been out of the game a long time so maybe things changed, but the spreadsheet looked like it was updated somewhat recently as of last month.

The HI just sounded pretty interesting to me and have never owned a HI variant so wanted to try it.

I don't follow things too closely these days either, but I was under the impression the HI models were discontinued... maybe ZL found a source and plans to bring back the SC600 HI.

Like I said, I was much more impressed with the overall output and beam of the Plus and did not see significant additional LUX from the SC600 HI over the plus.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been out of the Zebralight handheld game for a long time, almost a decade now. Used to own an SC52w and SC62w and really loved them at the time, but ended up selling them as I had an obsession with tailswitches for handhelds for some reason. Additionally, the Zebralight tailswitch model never materialized as far as I know, so that ultimately led me to sell the SC52 and SC62 (though I regret not keeping the latter). Still own one of their headlamps, an H600fw mkII, which I still use quite often but it has some quirks. Namely a mushy switch and not the famous tactile clicky that ZL's were known for and the light will intermittently step down immediately from H1 for some reason.

At any rate, now I'm back and glad I jumped back in. Grabbed an SC5c II LE, SC64c LE, and the SC700d recently. The output on these things is really impressive compared to their older counterparts and absolutely love the tint on the LE models. Really missed the ZL UI on a handheld. I see that ZL's anodizing is a lot more consistent these days as well. I remember it used to be a crapshoot as to which shade of grey you'd get lol. The SC700d is really impressive for how small it is. I always wanted an S6330 when they were still making them because of the output and relatively small size (at the time), but it was still a little too chunky for my taste. I'll probably grab that SC600w IV Plus HI whenever it releases along with maybe one of their AA headlamps. Good to be back :)

View attachment 31181
a very nice welcome back lineup!!!

bmo

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't find any diffusers specifically for the SC700d so went ahead and designed a quick and dirty one myself, then printed it out on my 3D printer. Should be great for camping and such. Works perfect with any of the medium or lower modes, but I think with the high modes it may warp it after awhile, though haven't actually tested it (used PETG filament). I don't see myself using the diffuser with any of the high modes anyway.

VdK1g13l.jpg

ETA: posted the model here if anyone has a 3D printer and wants to make one for themselves
https://www.printables.com/model/265752-zebralight-sc700d-flashlight-cone-diffuser

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
modded mine last night, and it's my new favorite flashlight.

beam shot of three modded sc64 and a stock d4v2:
sc64c le (Nichia 519A R9080 sm353 3500K M400 L5 dedomed, me)
Very Nice!
What tool did you use to remove the bezel?
All this ZL talk has me wanting to order an sc64c le
I'd want to crack it open and swap the LED.

I think Bob uses a convex wood carving tool?

Last edited:

SYZYGY

Enlightened
Very Nice!
What tool did you use to remove the bezel?
All this ZL talk has me wanting to order an sc64c le
I'd want to crack it open and swap the LED.

I think Bob uses a convex wood carving tool?

thanks!

i ground down the handle of some random steel spudger tool. i can give you more detailed measurements of it if you want, but you can probably judge from the pics. you can probably make a tool out of almost anything e.g. the handle of an old piece of silverware.

1661450359379.png

i posted about it here in more detail:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
what emitter are you thinking of using?

That tool worked out well.
I looked at the link...good job for sure.
Not many mod the ZL.

If I went with one today I'd say 219b 4500k.
Maybe XHP35.2 90CRI 4500k if the ZL driver can get the lumens that high.
I have 519a, but my 219b need a place to go.

I'd use a hot air station with the small nozzle and see what happens.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Yesterday I received (from ZebraLight) my new
H600Fc Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 headlamp.

Try as I might, I simply just CANNOT manage
to get it to program/re-program ANY level at all !
Not G5, nor G6/G7 modes ! < sigh >

I own several ZebraLight models,
which I've successfully programmed to my tastes.

But THIS one just WILL NOT let me !
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Is it DEFECTIVE ? ? ?

What could I possibly be over-looking here ?
Any IDEAS ? ? ?

:wtf:
_

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Did you try removing the battery, clicking the button to discharge any capacitors and reinstalling the battery? Or resetting the G5, G6 and G7 programs? (G5 15 clicks from off, G6 18 clicks and G7 21 clicks).

If it doesn't work, I would say it's defective.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thank You for your suggestions.

Just tried 'em all,
but (alas), without any success.

:awman:
_