The Perfect Zebralight SC600 Holster!

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
Got my Nite Ize holster yesterday and I like it better than my Maxpedition holster because it uses snaps. Everytime I opened the Maxpedition, the loud velcro sounded like I was ripping a huge sheet of paper.

zenbeam

Enlightened
I think I'll have to ask Nite Ize for a commission on these holster sales! lol... j/k!

For a $95 flashlight, this holster just turned out to be too near a perfect match for it and of such solid quality, it just had to be shared. :cool:

David18

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that. I'll buy one.

It's surprisingly difficult to get a holster to fit this light. E.g. I looked at all the holsters at Deal Extreme and none seemed suitable.

I wonder what the spare pocket on the Nite Ize could be used for? It is designed for a bit set and unfortunately is too small for a spare battery. Any ideas?

zenbeam

Enlightened
Thanks for that. I'll buy one.

It's surprisingly difficult to get a holster to fit this light. E.g. I looked at all the holsters at Deal Extreme and none seemed suitable.

I wonder what the spare pocket on the Nite Ize could be used for? It is designed for a bit set and unfortunately is too small for a spare battery. Any ideas?

A lens cleaning wipe packet or two for the SC600? ;)

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a great thread! It should help Zebralight choose a good holster to start including with the Sc600 like they should've been doing all along, especially since it costs $105, and many other cheaper lights come with holsters. I have an SC600, and I hate having to spend more money because they were too cheap to give up a holster with their lights. That darn light didnt come with squat! Even the box was cheap(not to mention the anodizing!)

dmk005

Newly Enlightened
These holsters have helped me realize the SC600 is not for me. If I was still a first responder, I would feel differently. Are there any professionals without the obvious need for a torch-at-the-ready wearing these out there?

David18

Newly Enlightened
This is a great thread! It should help Zebralight choose a good holster to start including with the Sc600 like they should've been doing all along, especially since it costs $105, and many other cheaper lights come with holsters.

Agreed. It is a no-brainer that they should provide holsters with the lights. If made in China (like the light) they should be able to be made for much less than $1 per piece, about 1% of the light's price.

pounder

Newly Enlightened
just bought one off ebay for 13$ shipped to Canada..thanks for the thread! google brought me right here after looking for a holster for my sc600..zebralight should include one with the sc600..it's the perfect EDC and not everyone likes clips..that's where my knife resides..

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
I've been using this flashlight holster combo (Nite Ize with SC600w) for the last six months. It worked great. I stopped a couple weeks ago when my sc600 died and zebralight took forever to get back to me about warranty. Now I have to jump through a bunch of hoops (more to do with customs than zebralight) to get it fixed. It was a really good combo while it lasted, but I've switched to Sunwayman with a Maxpedition Holster, mainly because I can buy both and get them serviced locally. The zebralight failed on me at the worst possible time, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to trust it again.

You can get the Nite Ize at Mountain Equipment Co-op in Canada. That is where I got mine.

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/HikingCamping/KnivesTools/PartsAccessories/PRD~5026-964/nite-ize-tool-holster-stretch-sheath.jsp

As others have mentioned, you have to break it in until it is useable with one hand. Takes about 20-30 times removing and replacing the light. After that, it works exceptionally well. The extra hard ballistic nylon shield on the front protects the light from bumps, and the plastic clip is tougher than it looks. It swivels too, to reduce some of the shock of impact.

Good recommendation,.

pounder

Newly Enlightened
I've been using this flashlight holster combo (Nite Ize with SC600w) for the last six months. It worked great. I stopped a couple weeks ago when my sc600 died and zebralight took forever to get back to me about warranty. Now I have to jump through a bunch of hoops (more to do with customs than zebralight) to get it fixed. It was a really good combo while it lasted, but I've switched to Sunwayman with a Maxpedition Holster, mainly because I can buy both and get them serviced locally. The zebralight failed on me at the worst possible time, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to trust it again.

You can get the Nite Ize at Mountain Equipment Co-op in Canada. That is where I got mine.

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/HikingCamping/KnivesTools/PartsAccessories/PRD~5026-964/nite-ize-tool-holster-stretch-sheath.jsp

As others have mentioned, you have to break it in until it is useable with one hand. Takes about 20-30 times removing and replacing the light. After that, it works exceptionally well. The extra hard ballistic nylon shield on the front protects the light from bumps, and the plastic clip is tougher than it looks. It swivels too, to reduce some of the shock of impact.

Good recommendation,.

ah damn could have got it in Canada..same price with shipping though but would have got it quicker..oh well

hivoltage

Enlightened
I bought the Nite Ize and threw it in the trash...way too cumbersome for my needs. The pictures made it look compact but it is not!!! Just my opinion!

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the Lite Holster Stretch for a few months, and have been happy with it.

I like that it works with all my CR123/18650 lights, which range from an LX2 to a Hound Dog on an MD4.

I haven't picked up an SC600, but that may happen fairly soon.