The SF A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgp4544

Newly Enlightened
Batman,

I just tried putting this one back together after seeing your post, unfortunately when I compared it to a good MA02 lamp, it looks like I yanked a wire out of the white stuff along with the little hat shaped piece of metal...now I think I lost the wire.

Richard

batman

Enlightened
Hey Richard I'd go ahead and call SF and tell them the story...it shouldn't be that easy to break these lamp assemblies. If the operator is in a good mood they might just send you a free replacement.
However, the customer service dept. told me once that using a screwdriver to pry the lamp out of the bezel is fine for those times when it refuses to fall out from gravity alone.

rgp4544 said:
Batman,

I just tried putting this one back together after seeing your post, unfortunately when I compared it to a good MA02 lamp, it looks like I yanked a wire out of the white stuff along with the little hat shaped piece of metal...now I think I lost the wire.

Richard

marxs

Enlightened
a bit off topic, but i seem to have gotten the a2 cancer bug. last night i realized how useful the low beams are (been using it 90% of the time) and im loving it the more i use it. its not crazy bright like a luxeon, nor is it dim in any fashion, but for lack of a better term...it just seems like the "right" amount of light for almost any application i need both indoors and outdoors, im just loving this little bugger more and more. the incan still gives me the wow factor, nice bright and white everytime i use it. i know people say it grows old on you, but ive never experienced it till now.

now im having a hard time justifying why i should spend more $$$ on more lights :ohgeez:

:awman:

mark

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
marxs,

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. OK. So, for sure, I would NEVER sell my Arc LSH or my Arc AAA-LE, but I think if I only had a TigerLight and a SF A2, I would be quite capable of meeting all my illumination needs with style and grace.

The A2 low beam isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the L2 low beam, but it IS just the right amount of light in just the right beam profile for many many uses. The L2 low beam is too bright in some cases--at least to my eyes, anyway. While the L2 high beam doesn't throw as well as I sometimes need.

The A2 is just a really useful light, and the longer you own one, the more you realize that.

rgp4544

Newly Enlightened
batman,

I hadn't thought of calling to see if that is covered with Surefire's warranty...I might try that.

Thank you,

Richard

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will likely find their concept of "warranty" is very broad. It's true the up-front cost is relatively high, but these are quality lights made, sold and backed up by a quality company.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. This thread is getting well past the 200 post suggested limit, so I have started a part 2: The SF A2 - Part 2

Also, please note that I just edited the first post as I realized that in the discussion of exactly what is happening during the occurance of an "low incan" mode, I left out the fact that low batteries can cause this and not just extra resistance in the contacts. In fact, I see this every time my batteries get to the point where they will no longer support the incan. The incan doesn't just totally stop. Instead I push to activate it, and get a 1/3 or 1/4 power incan beam, and it has always been fixed by installing new batteries. And I left this possibility out of account in my original discussion. DUH! Too obvious or something. (Or stupidity. hehe)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.