The Top-Selling Fenix CL20 Lantern is Now Released in a Rechargeable Version

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a CL20 without "R". I use it with Eneloop cells. The best light ever, and I am sure it will work in even 10 years.

Hope Fenix will make something that is capable on unsing NiMH AAs and not only lights with built in rechargable.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
This question is best answered by the location where you purchased the light. The serial number will help with knowing the warranty center who would handle the battery issue. Fenix provides the 5-year warranty on Fenix products. If the light is out of warranty, then the way it is handled is determined by the seller. I checked with Fenix Store, and here is their policy:

"If it is within 5-year warranty period then we just do a light replacement but if it isn't within warranty then we give them a warranty discount on a new light. But that all depends on if the serial number is our product."

Hope that helps! If you need to know who your seller is, please see the pinned post on this page.
Thanks for the info.
I was hoping to hear some comments from customers who bought the CL20 a few years ago but maybe it is not a popular model?
Amazon_italy guarantees me a two-year total warranty, I contacted the Italian Fenix distributor but cannot offer the 5-year warranty because they do not have this product in the catalog (so in case of problems they cannot replace it)
Will this non-replaceable lithium battery last at least 5 years?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Thanks for the info.
I was hoping to hear some comments from customers who bought the CL20 a few years ago but maybe it is not a popular model?
Amazon_italy guarantees me a two-year total warranty, I contacted the Italian Fenix distributor but cannot offer the 5-year warranty because they do not have this product in the catalog (so in case of problems they cannot replace it)
Will this non-replaceable lithium battery last at least 5 years

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix the manufacturer has a 5-year warranty on the hardware. Most rechargeable batteries of any type have a 2-year life. HOWEVER, there are plenty of people getting more time by following a few simple rules: don't expose the battery to extreme heat or cold and NEVER let the battery fully discharge. Maybe as your distributor how he would handle if the battery needs replacing and the hardware is still operational. The distributor is allowed to develop his own policy on that.