• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thinking of getting my first McGizmo *FINALLY BOUGHT A HAIKU!!*

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: Thinking of getting my first McGizmo

I don't really care personally for the bead blast finis as it comes from Don. Too art deco for me. I would however love to have my complete Haiku fully blasted. I think the patina and wear it would incur from EDC would look great.
Then ask Don to not shave down the flat parts of the light. He fully bead-blasts them and then turns them on a lathe to re-expose some shiny bits, so the finish you want would actually be easier to get.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

Enjoy the light Jake.

And yeah. I didn't know you could get a white tint S2 xpg. :eek:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Although most of the lights using an S2 emitter have a tendency to exhibit a greenish tint, it is a misconception that S2 means "green". I used to own a Maelstrom G5 S2 and it is perfectly white. Can't say the same about the other lights with an S2 emitter though as it really depends on whether the manufacturer took an effort to source for a better binning. What I am saying is that it is possible to get a perfectly white S2 emitter and I believe that Don has done his part of sourcing for the whitest bin possible.

Dr Jekyll

Newly Enlightened

Congratulations! My Haiku is my latest and great part of my EDC kit!