Those tunes that get stuck in your head

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Cotton Eye Joe, 2002 re-make. (Yes, it's the same woman singing from the Original version.)

bykfixer

Flashaholic

One of my all time favorites

Doin' a Johnny Ca$h number

The guy in a bath robe and the bald guy are what I always remembered

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Ok, so I'm going to do you folks a favor and not post a link to the song perma-stuck in my head.

My wife's step sister passed away recently. She'd been real sick so it was a blessing for her. Mrs. Fixer volunteered to do a slide show with a bunch of photos. She meticulously created frame by frame so photos would arrive or leave at specific beats, certain photos at certain lyrics and all that. It was a neat project. The song was Elton John's "goodbye Norma Jean". She'd get it perfect but somebody would call up and say "I found more pictures". So she'd grab them off the internet and tweak the slide show. For two weeks, each evening I'd hear parts of that dam song over and over and over as she dialed in the process. It was very well done I'll say but Jiminy Christmas it sure to a while to make.

Today was the funeral and they played the slide show repeatedly as friends and family came and went. Mrs Fixer gave away a bunch of copies via iPhone so there were people all over the place watching it. And singing that song. Ugh!!

If I never hear that song again I'll be ok. It is nice to know however that dozens of folks are enjoying a slide show of cousin Pam, aunt Pam their friend Pam and all that.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Ok, so I'm going to do you folks a favor and not post a link to the song perma-stuck in my head.

My wife's step sister passed away recently. She'd been real sick so it was a blessing for her. Mrs. Fixer volunteered to do a slide show with a bunch of photos. She meticulously created frame by frame so photos would arrive or leave at specific beats, certain photos at certain lyrics and all that. It was a neat project. The song was Elton John's "goodbye Norma Jean". She'd get it perfect but somebody would call up and say "I found more pictures". So she'd grab them off the internet and tweak the slide show. For two weeks, each evening I'd hear parts of that dam song over and over and over as she dialed in the process. It was very well done I'll say but Jiminy Christmas it sure to a while to make.

Today was the funeral and they played the slide show repeatedly as friends and family came and went. Mrs Fixer gave away a bunch of copies via iPhone so there were people all over the place watching it. And singing that song. Ugh!!

If I never hear that song again I'll be ok. It is nice to know however that dozens of folks are enjoying a slide show of cousin Pam, aunt Pam their friend Pam and all that.
I'm sorry for your family's loss.

I can relate to this kind of an ear worm. A long time ago I had to work on a long, drawn-out multimedia show where we had to keep re-doing a section of the show over and over. It was the longest work day I've ever had in my life - 35 hours straight - fixing timing issues and hearing the same song over and over again. I don't remember what the song was any more, although I still remember one spoken line from the presentation that we had to listen to repeatedly until we got everything working correctly.