Thrunite T10S (XP-G2, 1xAA, Stainless Steel) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I have a question for those of you who have the Ti - the threads on the head are "gritty", which I expected, but it's bad enough that it's really hard for me to twist on and off one handed (I also have grip issues, so maybe it's just me). What is the best way to treat the threads to loosen them up? I've seen people re-lube with silicon grease, teflon tape, etc., but I wasn't sure what works best with titanium. If anyone could give me any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
Teflon tape has never worked well for me (i.e., it just shreds). You could try a teflon oil, but I usually just use standard lube. It helps, but I don't know that you will ever get a Ti light of this size to turn smoothly single-handed (especially if you have grip issues).

The output doesn't even get lower as a sort of warning indicator?
Sure, that happens on this light - see for the runtimes for the pattern of slow-drop off over time as the battery is exhausted.

djmuzi

Newly Enlightened
What about buying the T10 in addition to my Ti3 (which is amazing) :wave: or should I go for some real powerhorses like the TN12?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
djmuzi your post is off topic for a review thread. Go ahead and start your own thread with that question in the LED Flashlights discussion forum, or the Recommend Me A Flashlight For..... forum. :)

Bill

djmuzi

Newly Enlightened
Is the T10 discontinued?
I can't find the T10S on Amazon. Only T10T and the T10.

Why thrunite says the lamp has a max output of 169 lumen when in the review in post 1 he measured 205 lumen? Edit: Amazon.com says 208 lumen.
Is the cool white with XP-L emitter even brighter? Edit: only they have 208 lumen.

On Amazon the T10 aluminum has according to the description XP-G2 LED and the Titanium models has XP-L both CW and NW. Is this true? Edit: Amazon.com says so.
Or should I buy the CW to be sure it has XP-L? Edit: nope according to Amazon.com.

Last edited:

djmuzi

Newly Enlightened
Seems that there are new T10 flashlights out.
Amazon.de says 252 Lumen 1602cd 80m beam with XP-L no matter CW or NW.
the T10T has 208 Lumen 810cd 57m beam ... XP-L as well

DPRoberts

Newly Enlightened
Seems that there are new T10 flashlights out.
Amazon.de says 252 Lumen 1602cd 80m beam with XP-L no matter CW or NW.
the T10T has 208 Lumen 810cd 57m beam ... XP-L as well

It's similar here in the US too - Amazon says the "old" T10T/T10S use an XP-L (169-208 lumens), the "new" T10 uses an XP-L V6 (252 lumens). Thrunite's website has the same information now.

I'm not entirely happy with the threads on/off twisting on my T10T - as I mentioned in a previous post, you really have to tighten the head all the way down to get it to turn on. Aside from that annoyance, if you tighten it it JUST to the point where it turns on, it sometimes turns itself off - I think the pressure on the o-ring is enough to loosen the head a little. As much as I think the titanium looks cool, I'm considering returning it (if Amazon will still let me). Maybe I should just exchange it for the new version...

JeJe.us

Newly Enlightened
What an awsome flashlight!! Really wish they would bring that model back in eather STAINLESS OR TITANIUM. I wonder why many manufacturers have stopped making models like this. For example the JEATBEAM E3S no longer sold nor does it have a predecessor as well as ThorFire TS05/07 or TS3A , fourseven. Really think more manufacturers should do what eagtac is doing with their D25A and D25C TI line. They atlest give an option. Well enough about my rant. Great review!! Very informative and well structured.