Thrunite TN35!!!

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ThruNite TN35 any good words yet?

Yes please!

I was thinking of getting a TN32 but I'm wondering if the TN35 can still throw a ways just due to pure muscle. The TN35 might be a better all around light if extreme throw isn't needed. We'll see though....

The TN32 will subjectively throw about twice as far as the TN35 since it has 4 times the candela. The beam profile and lumen output on the TN35 should make it a better option for general use vs. TN32. Keep in mind that 68K candela is still a nice amount of throw. :)

Chippy_boy

Newly Enlightened

My new TN32 arrived today and its everything I thought it would be and more - very very pleased. The "and more" part is interesting. I fully expected it to be well made, solid, good quality etc with brilliant throw. It has all this. What I did not expect is that the spill is really not that bad. I had expected it to be useless for short range (<50m) stuff, with a blinding centre spot and not much else. But the spill is pretty good over the 50m ~ 100m range. As a general purpose light, it's more useable than I thought it would be.

markeday

Newly Enlightened

The more I read and compare the dimensions on the tn 35,its a probability that its gonna being pretty close to the niwalker bk fa-02,with just a touch more throw,just a thought.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

cutlerylover's review

markeday

Newly Enlightened

Nice review Cultery Lover,as I expected it is the combo that thrunite stated,they seem to be pretty honest in their specs.So it looks like Flashkat and Samlittle can go get their new toys! For me I have to wait a couple of more months because I still have lights coming in from previous orders.Dagnabit,what a hobby,with new technologies coming out all the time,can you imagine what will be available in five years?

Last edited:

Samlittle

Enlightened

Nicely done Ryp- oops sorry - nicely done Cutlerylover (different guy huh?). Your beam shots were done in just the kind of closeness and conditions in which I will mostly use my light - the woods in the back yard (a 130 acre nature preserve). Thanks for the review. Now for me to bite the bullet - er credit card :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

Thanks for sharing Ryp:D this tn35 really does appeal to me as i like my flood........and throw,so kind of best of both worlds(within reason) a great compromise imho

:thumbsup:

Dam all these lights,think i need a paper round:laughing: to help my wallet

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is a great video review. Now I am feeling compelled to get one of these. Where o where to find the money, now? Must......sell........other........lights........first...........:broke:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree, cutlerylover did an excellent job at reviewing the TN35. He must like the TN series because he recently just uploaded a review for the TN32, and before that he reviewed the TN31 and TN30.

kj2

Flashaholic

I agree, cutlerylover did an excellent job at reviewing the TN35. He must like the TN series because he recently just uploaded a review for the TN32, and before that he reviewed the TN31 and TN30.
Well, like?? I assume more, that Thrunite sended their products for review to him. ;)

ven

Flashaholic

Well, like?? I assume more, that Thrunite sended their products for review to him. ;)

Best send thrunite a love letter kj2:grouphug: ,as i say,if you dont ask you dont...........:D

kj2

Flashaholic

Best send thrunite a love letter kj2:grouphug: ,as i say,if you dont ask you dont...........:D
Thrunite did send me their new Lynx a few weeks ago ;)
Nice light:) , although I don't prefer how the mode switching has been done. Every manufacturer can shoot me a message, if they want to send a review-sample :whistle:

FlashLion

Enlightened

ThruNite TN35 and TN32

ThruNite TN35 MT-G2 LED

ThruNite TN32 XM-L2 LED

TN35 vs TN32
5 meters, 1/6sec
Beautiful neutral white light.

1/50 sec

1/250 sec

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice pics, FlashLion, thanks! Are you doing a review of the TN35 by chance?

Capolini

Banned

I have the OSTS TN31mb- 470Kcd :eek:. I also have the TN32,,,,,actually my second one!! The first one lasted 2 weeks and then the emitter fried! Started a thread on that! So far so good with the replacement.

When I saw this light I thought of the TK75 even though the TN35 has one emitter. It still does NOT have the overall output and throw as the TK75, my first powerful torch! Lumen output is close[ TN35-2750, TK75 has 2900] but the TK75 out throws it by 172 meters! The TK75 is still the best "stock" search light for overall balance between output and throw.:)

Patriot

Flashaholic

When I saw this light I thought of the TK75 even though the TN35 has one emitter. It still does NOT have the overall output and throw as the TK75, my first powerful torch! Lumen output is close[ TN35-2750, TK75 has 2900] but the TK75 out throws it by 172 meters! The TK75 is still the best "stock" search light for overall balance between output and throw.:)

I was getting ready to mention this and got all the way to the bottom of the thread before somebody did...haha! In any case, its does make me wonder where the TN35's proper fit is. It seems like it's just a reason to use the MT-G2 since we have triples that still outperform the TN35. It does however fill a void in ThruNite's line up which I suppose it good.

Snareman

Enlightened

Got my TN35 and did a little vid on it. Its a great combo of the previous 3 TN models TN30-32.

ven

Flashaholic

@FlashLion

As always beautiful pics,wow NW looks amazing,thank you for sharing:twothumbs