Thrunite TN40

Mcgrimes

Newly Enlightened
Hi Gents, few queries on the TN40:
  1. Has it been discontinued? Nitecore have it as unavailable on their website and there seems to be little in supply.
  2. are these batteries okay for it ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NNEHORC/
  3. Are there any deals? I'm looking at £210 purchased in the UK including 4 batteries and a charger
  4. is the TN40 rechargeable still around? Personally, I'd prefer this with the BP10 unit
  5. do many people here have one? The reviews I've read are promising.
  6. Whats the next best thing? I like the fact it's a thrower, but Also has a decent spill. I'm not interested in the TN42, that's too much of a thrower for me

druidmars

Enlightened
I believe it's still around although an update should be due sometime in the near future.
However, you're mixing things up. TN40 is a model of Thrunite, not Nitecore and
the BP10 is a battery pack from Nitecore, not Thrunite.
I have my TN40 and I'm very happy with it...
Cheers!

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I have a thurunite TN40s. It is an amazing light with a heavy lean towards throw. You need the TN40 for the rechargeable battery pack not the TN40s. Solid build quality, great heat sinking. Next best thing would be the Acebeam X65.
Those battery would work great but the LG 3500mah would be even better. Many people on this forum do own or are familiar with the TN40.

camelight

Newly Enlightened
It's a great light i just live it!
Serch on ebay Mybe i got mine there...the price is fine and there is also the battery pack version.
For combination of throw and lumen you also have x65, tm16gt, dt35

druidmars

Enlightened
I have a thurunite TN40s. It is an amazing light with a heavy lean towards throw. You need the TN40 for the rechargeable battery pack not the TN40s. Solid build quality, great heat sinking. Next best thing would be the Acebeam X65.
Those battery would work great but the LG 3500mah would be even better. Many people on this forum do own or are familiar with the TN40.

Despite loving my TN40, I'm not so happy with the heat sink. I know it's a small form factor for the punch it delivers and the only big monster I have to compare it to is the old Olight SR90 (2010), which is miles away in terms of heat performance. Oh well, I guess one can't have the best of both worlds... :D

Mcgrimes

Newly Enlightened
The TM16GT was my first choice, and I may be able to get one at a £20 cost saving compared to the TN40, but the TN40 just seems to offer more in terms of throw and output.

Does anyone have both?

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Despite loving my TN40, I'm not so happy with the heat sink. I know it's a small form factor for the punch it delivers and the only big monster I have to compare it to is the old Olight SR90 (2010), which is miles away in terms of heat performance. Oh well, I guess one can't have the best of both worlds... :D
Yes it get hot very fast...but it's still amazing light
The TM16GT was my first choice, and I may be able to get one at a £20 cost saving compared to the TN40, but the TN40 just seems to offer more in terms of throw and output.

Does anyone have both?
I got mine 20$ less on ebay by making an offer to the seller i think it worth it as it is brighter and has better throw

Wanderfalke

Newly Enlightened
The TN 40 gets really hot after a few minutes. Have you tried to let it on hi mode for a longer time? I did not have the courage to try it yet - I'm too scared it could cause a damage. Does anyone have experience about this?

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TN 40 gets really hot after a few minutes. Have you tried to let it on hi mode for a longer time? I did not have the courage to try it yet - I'm too scared it could cause a damage. Does anyone have experience about this?
We own two TN40's [NW] that get used daily around our property and horse farm.

And neither gets [what I'd consider] too hot, even under extended periods of use on high and Turbo.

Latest posts