• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak wave

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry I missed yalls posts, thank you! I have a hunch the AA is more comfortable. Thanks guys!

I'll let you know what I think when mine arrives, I'd say my opinion will be that it's awesome, it'll be used on a Haiku, Mule and SunDrop so all bases will be covered head wise.
Doing it all again I'd have chosen a 2XAA pak on one of my lights and had two CR123 paks instead of three CR123 paks and the 2xAA.
I wasn't particularly interested in the 2xAA at first, I think I had a mindset of keeping things compact, but I'm now really looking forward to this pack.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a chance to have a go with my three different McGizmo heads on the 2AA pack.
Pretty happy with it so far and it gives a different utility and handling compared to the CR123 pack, not necessarily better just different.
A couple of things to point out apart from the obvious differences in handling are the lanyard hole, I don't like it basically. I wouldn't use it for a start as I find the bridge section of the hole in the clip a perfectly good place to attach a lanyard if need be, secondly it's cut out quite roughly which doesn't go well with the generally excellent finish of McGizmo lights and it also only just fits design wise exposing half the height of the rubber boot retaining o-ring and meeting the top edge of the tail shroud where it slopes in on the inside.
I would prefer if it were machined out nice and smooth or better still not there at all but I can live with it.
Tail standing is fine on a good surface but due to the length and small base I wouldn't set it down tail standing as readily as a CR123 pack.
I'm liking the pack overall and the different handling it offers.

Q619

Newly Enlightened
Just got my 2AA mule w/hi cri HIVE converter. This just became my favorite light! Thanks Don! This combo really hits it out the park. The mode spacing is perfect with this new converter. I should have picked up the 2AA pack earlier, perfect size!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my 2AA mule w/hi cri HIVE converter. This just became my favorite light! Thanks Don! This combo really hits it out the park. The mode spacing is perfect with this new converter. I should have picked up the 2AA pack earlier, perfect size!

Photos or it didn't happen! :rock: