• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti "C" pak for PD's and LunaSols

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Don! Paypal sent for the C Pak and the L1 Mule head. No worries - they are 'not related!'

Want to try the C Pak on the Lunasol 20 and 27 and my Ti PD-S - just seems like an accessory that any Gizmo lover should have!

That Mule will quickly find its way on to an L1 - although I'd love to put a high CRI emitter in it!

Thanks!

:twothumbs

wquiles

Flashaholic
That Mule will quickly find its way on to an L1 - although I'd love to put a high CRI emitter in it!

That is what I just finished building this last week and it is a great light inside the home. My small kids love the easy to use clickie and they take turns every night using the Nichia 083 mule every night when they go to sleep :)

McGizmo

Flashaholic

When I designed the "dumb" can for the Dumb Mule Head, I too considered using the High CRI Nichia but immediately realized there was a problem. The Nichia has a max current of 350 mA and the latet L1's put out somewhere around 500 mA. The XR-E on the other hand has no problem with the current levels and its slightly narower viewing angle lends itself well to no secondary optic, flood applications. I went for a can designed around the .650" diameter Cree MCPCB where as the cans I designed for the 3S converters were optimized for the newer .750" diameter MCPCB's I am using with the Nichia and now of late, the XP-G LED. :shrug:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I designed the "dumb" can for the Dumb Mule Head, I too considered using the High CRI Nichia but immediately realized there was a problem. The Nichia has a max current of 350 mA and the latet L1's put out somewhere around 500 mA. The XR-E on the other hand has no problem with the current levels and its slightly narower viewing angle lends itself well to no secondary optic, flood applications. I went for a can designed around the .650" diameter Cree MCPCB where as the cans I designed for the 3S converters were optimized for the newer .750" diameter MCPCB's I am using with the Nichia and now of late, the XP-G LED. :shrug:

Thanks, Don - the information is much appreciated. I have not yet delved into the 'land of modification' - about all I'm really interested in doing is dropping 'stuff' in that requires no filing or anything - although what wquiles did looks cool! Maybe someday...

The L1/Mule combo will definitely have a great deal of use as is - but I sure would like another high CRI light! Is there any other way to modify the mule - a high CRI emitter (the Seoul perhaps?) that can handle the current - that would turn it into a high CRI light? I love lighting photos with my Sundrop XP - guess I may have to break down and buy another Sundrop (oh, geez - my wife didn't hear that, did she?):eek:

:devil:

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

I'll take two if they are still available? I have a Lunasol 20 and Lunasol 27. I will send PayPal when you give me the thumbs up. Email sent :twothumbs

Thanks
Todd

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Don,

Can this pack be had with the BB flavour? I have sweaty hands and the BB version is more suited for my usage.

Thanks.

Mr_Zombie

Newly Enlightened
I've searched the web for the Al PD head and couldn't come up with anything. Could you point me in the right direction. It looks sweet.

nbp

Flashaholic
The PD lights have not been made for years. You will have to post a WTB for one and hope someone wants to part with theirs.

:welcome:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Will these work with the McLuxIII-27LT (with a Li-Ion cell) ?

If a standard PD pak works then this will work as well.

Just to document this for posterity, this does indeed work ... and looks great :D

( Please forgive my poor photography skills :duh2: ) -

WbrtL.jpg

I think this is now my new favorite 'Gizmo :thumbsup:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I'm a newbie to the CPF and only just saw this thread. Is this still available?

Latest posts