• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TiGlow titanium glowrings SOLD OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TiGlow titanium glowrings

sorry im new to this

is this grow in the dark, or does it have tritium in it?

thank you

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Karl, they all have the keyring hole. ;)

And now a less pleasant announcement, while merrily beadblasting I forgot the time and missed the PO's opening hours... :stupid::twak:
This means all orders that should have gone out today will go out first thing in the morning. I'm sorry all. :(

Nice pics Dirk! :D

Noooooooooooo! That would be a disastrous delay for.... erm, 6 hours. :duh2:

sorry im new to this

thank you

Don't think it'll GROW (unless there's something Bart didn't tell us), but it'll certainly glow. And yes, there's tritium. :)

wapkil

Enlightened

sorry im new to this

thank you

Don't think it'll GROW (unless there's something Bart didn't tell us), but it'll certainly glow. And yes, there's tritium. :)

:eek: So these things are radioactive, mutating and growing in the dark? I may have to rethink my purchase :aaa:

:crackup:

hornady708

Enlightened

Hey Bart, when you get a chance could you confirm how many there are of each color that you are selling?

sixshooter_45

Newly Enlightened

Since this is tritium, (a radioactive isotope of hydrogen), what type of tube are they in and is it known how much radiation one is being exposed too from the tritium in the tubes.

As tritium is not a strong beta emitter, it is not dangerous externally, but it is a radiation hazard when inhaled, ingested via food, water, or absorbed through the skin.

Don't get me wrong as I'm sure they're safe or you would'nt be selling them but I am curious due to the above statements, especially those in red?

I'm interested in a blue one, but would like a little more info.

Thanks for any insight you may provide.

B@rt

Flashaholic

Since this is tritium, (a radioactive isotope of hydrogen), what type of tube are they in and is it known how much radiation one is being exposed too from the tritium in the tubes.

As tritium is not a strong beta emitter, it is not dangerous externally, but it is a radiation hazard when inhaled, ingested via food, water, or absorbed through the skin.

Don't get me wrong as I'm sure they're safe or you would'nt be selling them but I am curious due to the above statements, especially those in red?

I'm interested in a blue one, but would like a little more info.

Thanks for any insight you may provide.

The vial is made of borosilicate glass, and although inhaling is not recommended and most will disapear in the air before you can breathe it, if you do drinking water will make it leave the body in a few days.

AFAIK absorbtion through the skin is unlikely, the low energy beta radiation released is not able to penetrate the skin, or even a sheet of paper. ;)

Nephiel

Newly Enlightened

Are these available without the vial? (i.e. just the Ti housing).
If so, how much?
I have a couple of bare vials and can't decide what to do with them...

kcardwel

Newly Enlightened

money sent for 1 green one.
Ken Cardwell

thanks!

gtie

Enlightened

PayPal sent for one green.

wapkil

Enlightened

Hmm, too heavy. :( I'd keep in style with one of these if I were you... :p :crackup:

Better to be safe than sorry, I believe. I'm planning to buy a full plate armor but haven't yet found a manufacturer of lead ones ;)

JMV

Newly Enlightened

I'll take one green and one ice blue. I've been looking for these for a long time.:D

roga

Newly Enlightened

I'll take a green one and a iceblue one.
:paypal:
Unique Transaction ID #3FN638822M490904N

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.