Titanium D36 Head for the 26650 Host! INTEREST!!

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
This D36 Head never became a reality since we only got 2-3 people that were interested and would like to purchase the head. If there were at least three people that were willing to purchase and were willing to put half down then I would make these as this would at least cover the cost of the material. I would probably make five D36 heads total.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. It has been a while. I have some time right now to make a few Titanium D36 Heads for my 26650 Hosts. If anyone is interested please let me know. The cost would be ball park $300.00.

Best place to get D36 Drop-ins would be Nailbender. Just need to let him know what host it is for and he will make it the correct size for you.

Let me know if anyone is interested still.

Regards,

Chris

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I just put a down payment on one of these to try and get the ball rolling and lure others in :) It will take a few days to clear but it's on the way.

Anyone else? C'mon guys, let's get these made this go around!

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone wants one of these Titanium D36 Heads Please post your interest. These will be available as I have received a partial payment. I am going to start machining these soon and if there is only one person on the list then I will be only making one, maybe two. I am hoping we get three people on the list so at least to cover the cost of the Titanium.

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello KuanR,

This head is only designed for my 26XXX size host. It would not work with my 18XXX host since the battery tube is made for a D26 (P60) Drop-in.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello KuanR,

The only way to make the D36 Head for an 18350 or 18650 is to make it completely different than the current hosts I have. I just might be able to make a completely new 18650 host and D36 head for you. I have a couple 18650 extender tubes for my 18xxx hosts that I might be able to make complete lights out of.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't seem like there is anyone else interested in the D36 Head. I will be finishing the first operation today and I only made a couple.

List:
  1. OneBigDay
  2. Me/Myself/I
  3. KuanR - With a new 18650 Tube.

Chirs

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should be finishing up the heads today or Monday. I am trying for today before I leave work. If I do I will take it home to take some pictures for you. I should be able to ship out on Monday.

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you can tell I didn't finish head before leaving on Friday. I just finished the heads this morning. I will take and post pictures tonight.

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a couple pictures of your D36 Head.

Ti_D36_Head_-_Crenulated_Bezel.jpg

Here it is with a smooth bezel ring.
Ti_D36_Head_smooth_bezel.jpg

Here it is next to mine with a Titanium Micro-Lux in between.
Ti_D36_Heads_-_smooth_Bezel_-_Micro_Lux_Light.jpg

Here is one with 8 trit slots.
Ti_D36_Head_-_Crenulated_Bezel_-_Trit_Slots.jpg

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had money right now :(

Would it be possible to make an adapter to fit this to a 18350 body without the need for another body?

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello KuanR,

I have been thinking about that as well from earlier conversations. I am not sure how it would look but it seems like I could make an adapter to go from the 18350 body to the larger 26650 D36 Head.

Chris

OneBigDay

Enlightened
The heads look great. The bezel ring decision is going to be a tough one :thinking: The crenellations add a nice design and functional touch, but the smooth ring would be even better for carry. I'll stare at a few lights today and see if the decision works it's way into my brain.

That Micro-Lux is really sweet too but the timing is not right for me. I figure if you go a whole week without all 5 being accounted for I might take another look, but so far resisting. Looks great anyway and some folks should be really happy with those.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Chris, have you tried your head with a Nailbender drop-in?
I'm interested to know whether the foam-rings and O-rings that are necessary to fit the drop-in in the M3 head are also necessary for your Ti head?
If the Nailbender drop-in fitted without any of the other stuff needing to be positioned on top of the reflector, that would be sweeter from my point of view.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend the Nailbender drop-in for these D36 Heads. No foam or anything is needed. I tried to design it to work similar to a P60 (D26) Drop-in.

Chris

easilyled

Flashaholic
I recommend the Nailbender drop-in for these D36 Heads. No foam or anything is needed. I tried to design it to work similar to a P60 (D26) Drop-in.
Chris

The fact that it doesn't need any foam/o-rings is a huge bonus.
If you have any more heads available, I would be seriously interested.
Would the head fit straight on the D26 26650 light's body?
Would you be able to install tritiums?

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
This head will fit directly on the 26650 battery tube. The D26 head and adapter would be removed from your 26650 host.

I don't have any stock on trits. If I did I am sure I could install them for you.

Chris