• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Pocket Clips for Novatac and HDS/RA lights

nbp

Flashaholic
Hmmm. That sucks. Maybe contact Moddoo directly and see if he's got any ideas. I'm sure yours went out. Sorry friend. :(

Matt7337

Enlightened
I can't find anything other than showing that I sent payment.

I'm in the same situation as yourself. It's now been over three weeks and there is still no sign of my clip. I'm actually getting a little sick of ordering stuff, paying for it at the time that I order it and being left with nothing weeks or months later. Several purchases I've made online in the past few months never made it to me.

Matt7337

Enlightened
Mine arrived... eventually. It was being held (and held up) by Royal Mail on account of customs charges needing paid. It sat in a RM sorting depot for over a week before I got the letter about coming to pay the charges and collect it :shakehead

Anyway - I'm very happy with the clip but I can't use it with my RA Twisty or Clicky - the clip places a large gap between the bezel and the reflector which means the lens is loose. Can someone tell me how I am supposed to use this clip with either of these lights without this happening?

nbp

Flashaholic
The twisty there is nothing to be done. If you put it under the bezel the lens will wiggle a little. If you don't intend to submerge it you are probably ok. The clicky you should (assuming it's the newer style) be able to put it between the body tube and the tailcap. There should be a gap filled with an o-ring there. Placing this clip there will simply fill the gap, the same as the new bezel down clips from Henry. Older clickies without this gap may not work, you'll have to try it. My Ti clicky can't use this clip because it creates a space between tail and body and the light won't make proper contact in the switch to turn on. So give those options a try. Hopefully that was helpful. :candle:

Matt7337

Enlightened
RA Twisty 85-Tr. The lens rattling in day to day use is about as unacceptable as the light not actually turning on - won't be using it on that.

RA Clicky Titanium - same problem when used with the bezel. Mine does have a removable tail section, with a gap below the oring but it still will not make contact with the switching circuitry with the clip in place.

This is going up in the marketplace in the morning folks, as it's absolutely no use to me for either of these lights.

Last edited:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Matt,
PM sent, we will get you taken care of.

Sorry for any confusion folks,

The RA clips should have an o-ring included in the package.
This allows a perfect fit, the lens is tight and waterproof.

If anyone is missing the o-ring, please email me, and I will send one immediately.

-Tom

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I forgot to make and update but my clip showed up and is a much upgraded version of the steel Moddoo clip I had previously!

If there's any improvement to be hoped for it would be the rounding of the end of the clip, but it was easy enough to do it myself.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
Hi Moddoo,

please put me down for a clip for my Ra/HDS Clicky when you do your next run. Also, if I may offer a suggestion to the design, it may be a good idea to put a tab on the ring with a hole for a lanyard. Does that make sense ?

Cheers,
Belstaff.
:)

De-Lux

Enlightened
Moddoo,
Can you also put me down for one of the next run of Ra clicky clips? It would be much appreciated. The stock clip is pretty bad although seems to work a little better after cutting it down 1-1/2". When is the next run happening? Best Regards.