• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
This here is a vintage
5E671E12-3540-4115-B2E4-6EEE76AD3976.jpeg
CPF discussion about titanium.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
No kidding. It must be quite a trick to weld something that catches fire before it melts. I have a welded titanium water bottle and I have no idea how they made it.
I've welded Titanium. It needs to be enveloped in an inert atmosphere to accomplish it.

Grade 2 Titanium is what was chosen to manufacture Prometheus Alpha and Delta flashlights due to it's better electrical properties.

GL

Galane

Newly Enlightened
A thing to not do with titanium utensils. Do not use them in any glazed ceramic, porcelain, or glass dishes. That includes Corelle and Pyrex. The Ti will make permanent grey marks on the dish.

That has me wanting to take a Ti chopstick and try to completely titanium plate the inside of a Corelle bowl by rubbing the stick all over it.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
A thing to not do with titanium utensils. Do not use them in any glazed ceramic, porcelain, or glass dishes. That includes Corelle and Pyrex. The Ti will make permanent grey marks on the dish.

That has me wanting to take a Ti chopstick and try to completely titanium plate the inside of a Corelle bowl by rubbing the stick all over it.
I like it! Maybe I'll give it a go too!

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the titanium finish on the cymbal looks nice, but I've dealt with cases of aluminum and manganese poisoning (my neighbors) before, so I decided to test the titanium as well. It appears to be poisonous and some people have hypersensitivity to it. But I don't know exactly how much you need to eat it in order to get poisoned. Perhaps for this it is necessary to use titanium dishes for many years.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rare titanium poisoning seems to be from extremely fine bits of it getting into the bloodstream from titanium implants wear and tear.

Getting poisoned from Ti utensils is not going to happen. Many people do not know the formulations in their stainless steel utensils, how much nickel and chromium is in them.

Nickel plating on vision glasses at the nose pieces tarnish on me. Rarely are people allergic to Titanium.

I used Corelle many years ago and never saw the Ti etching take on a uniform look.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Had one of these that had more Ti tracks than this one but dropped it on a brick floor. Ever seen a Corelle dish shatter? Yowsers.

5E951CE9-7C9F-4E42-98B3-632787037E1A.jpeg

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two things about the metal we so appreciate:

Years ago, I removed the black finish on the titanium clip for a Spyderco Atlantic Salt. Well there's times when the clip gets scraped on the edge of our quartz countertop:

IMG_2339.jpeg