• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM06vn - True Tiny Monster MUST HAVE!

Greyfax

Newly Enlightened
I'm awaiting the arrival of a stock TM06. Can I still get this moded by u Vihn? What options do I have...ie XHP50s?

Thanks

I asked him about doing one for me about 6 weeks ago and he said he wasn't doing them anymore. :( He has a self-admitted anti-Nitecore bias....lol He also won't do TM26GT and has stopped doing TM36 (I believe I got the very last TM36.) I think the only TM series he is doing now is the TM16GT.

Greyfax

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I misspoke. The TM36 is still listed on the store's webpage. It's the TM16GT that's not listed anymore - sorry bout that.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that's not what I was hoping to hear :ohgeez:

I asked him about doing one for me about 6 weeks ago and he said he wasn't doing them anymore. :( He has a self-admitted anti-Nitecore bias....lol He also won't do TM26GT and has stopped doing TM36 (I believe I got the very last TM36.) I think the only TM series he is doing now is the TM16GT.

alex21

Newly Enlightened
Saw one of these just now in a store.. very gorgeous light and small.. you wouldn't imagine its a 4x18650 light. Can easily edc this.. wouldn't mind a supercharged one

drummer132132

Enlightened
Is the TM06s any better or just that it doesn't have the tail switch?

If I had to guess it's probably the same for the most part but smaller and weighs less and without the tail button. For a 4 battery light it fits in a pocket decently but still pushing the boundaries.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light: Four LEDs x four 18650, five inches long and two inch (2.0) head diameter, weighs one pound with four cells, 277 grams without batteries.

Nobody is interested in this basic, fundamental, simplistic, mid-range form factor? I skipped this light when it was new and super hot, because 2.5 inch lights yielded much more power or much more throw.

Now, with the passage of time and the release of newer emitters, I think it is time to take a look at this form factor and ask if two point oh inch head diameter lights, such as this light, can be upgraded to put out many more lumens. Such as 8,000. (4 x XHP50?)

Also, there is the SX25L3 with 1.85 inch head diameter, three 18650 cells and a deeper, larger diameter reflector for a single emitter, for more throw. (single XHP35?)

I realize that 2.5 inch pop can lights yield exponentially more power than this two inch diameter light, and I also realize that 1.6 inch diameter lights are oh so much more edcable, even if they are currently ceilinged at only 3,200 lumens.

But I think it would be a good thing, if the dormant yet attractive form factor of the TM06 and the SX25L3, currently dead as a doornail, can be revived via being power upgraded with modern emitters.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a fan of nitecore. Richbuff, you mentioned 4 x xhp 50 on the tm06.. you got yourself a portable hand heater if it works. I rather have one xhp 70 led pushing 4000 lumen...

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never owned a Nitecore, so I am not either, but not due to any negative, just waiting for Nitecore to release something that is in my area of interest.

Portable hand heater is all good, I went vegan 13 months ago and went down from 230 to 155 pounds, the only negative of loosing that much weight is that my fingers feel cold.

Well, anyway, today, due to a very advanced sense of timing that is far beyond the grasp of my finite mind, Budda posted a review of the stock TM06:

showthread.php?430417-Review-Nitecore-TM06

Maybe after only a few short additional 13 more months, lights of this head diameter will be able to put out much more lumens than they can today. That sure would be nice. 51 mm head diameter. Four emitters. Four 18650. We have the first three things. Major upgrade of power output would be so nice.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now were talking:

TM06Svn50.2 Limited Edition #1of2 (Yes just 2. I will not build more)
DriverVNX2
4*XHP50.2 6500K
4*18650 3400mAh Unprotected Included (Must use this cell)
Likely my toughest build ever!
Lots of headache to complete this project
"V54" Engraved
"1/2" Engraved
Light is so small it makes the TN36vn looks like a giant LOL
17K Lumen
$500/$525
Image links removed from quote to avoid pic duplication. Snapback should go to the original post with pics.

I hope Vinh goes into semi-production with something similar to this. I have been thinking about such an item for a long time.

This item is its size classification killer! Anything a little smaller is a lot less powerful, and anything a little more powerful is a lot larger.

I only have a cheesy financial excuse for not jumping on one of these two immediately.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size/form factor/weight: Very close to the MK34.

Outdoors: Beam profile is as anticipated, very similar to the beam profile of the MK43vn XP-L. Throw appears to be identical.

Indoors: Ceiling bounce: Noticeably brighter than the MK34.

Nice tint! Crisp, bright white is how the room appears when ceiling bounced.

I would love to make this my most used item, but if it will be a permanent rarity, maybe I should stash it. I consider myself very fortunate to have it in my hot little hands.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi MAD,

Both are eerily similar. Width of spill are the same. The two hot spots are wide, not sharply demarcated as in an Eagletac light, but broad and gradual. The size, shape, profile of the beams are in the same classification, and are the same for practical purposes. The lights are floody, not throwy, with same beam performance. The TM06Svn XHP50.2 shows more brightness in subjective ceiling bounce.