• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM16GTvn - Tk75vnQ Contender

VNguyen

Enlightened
The 30q are button top but are shorter than other button tops like LGmj1. Good idea but knowing my clumsy hands I might melt the spring down lol.

VNguyen

Enlightened
Hey buddy how you been? How is your tm16gtvn q70?

Been good how about u? I can't be happier with any other led other than q70 right now. I've been disturbing the birds, dogs, neighbors, around the neighborhood with the GT. The younger crowd don't mind though. They always slow down and ask what kind of light is it. The light is just inanely bright.

Juicedcoupe88

Newly Enlightened
Good idea, though 2 springs are inside of the tube.

You could still add solder onto the two brass contacts on the tailcap and get the same result.

I don't think you'd have an issue with damaging any springs unless you purposely overheated the springs and compressed them. I've done this on lights with much dinkier springs and had no problems even with a very powerful soldering iron.

VNguyen

Enlightened
You could still add solder onto the two brass contacts on the tailcap and get the same result.

I don't think you'd have an issue with damaging any springs unless you purposely overheated the springs and compressed them. I've done this on lights with much dinkier springs and had no problems even with a very powerful soldering iron.

There are 2 springs on the top side also which will give me problem getting solder to them.

Juicedcoupe88

Newly Enlightened
There are 2 springs on the top side also which will give me problem getting solder to them.

Yes I have seen the inside of one. Two springs and two brass buttons on the tail cap. You can add a blob of solder onto the springs and brass buttons on the tail cap to make up the gap with flat tops. Magnets will work too however I do not like magnets because I'm paranoid. If the magnet slid off center and shorted to the side (like if the heat shrink insulation was damaged) it would short out the battery which is dangerous. It is still common practice to use magnets but like I said I'm very paranoid about Murphys law.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
... If the magnet slid off center and shorted to the side (like if the heat shrink insulation was damaged) it would short out the battery which is dangerous. It is still common practice to use magnets but like I said I'm very paranoid about Murphys law.

Good point!
Let me add that I have never used magnets simply to lengthen a battery. My use of them is where a plastic ring (non conductive) is used at the positive end of the flashlight to provide "protection" from reverse polarity (requiring a button top). The magnetic disk on top of the battery, sits inside the plastic ring. It isn't going anywhere in that scenario.

VNguyen

Enlightened
Yes I have seen the inside of one. Two springs and two brass buttons on the tail cap. You can add a blob of solder onto the springs and brass buttons on the tail cap to make up the gap with flat tops. Magnets will work too however I do not like magnets because I'm paranoid. If the magnet slid off center and shorted to the side (like if the heat shrink insulation was damaged) it would short out the battery which is dangerous. It is still common practice to use magnets but like I said I'm very paranoid about Murphys law.

Now u got me paranoid. Best I leave it alone before I mess my light up or even worst mess myself up! Good looking out juice!

VNguyen

Enlightened
My modded GT runs good with 30Q button tops.

Yeah seems like either every GT are built differently or the 30q are longer/shorter depending where u order. Either way I don't mind. The GA fits fine.

VNguyen

Enlightened
Guess what? I sent the GT to vinh and this is what he did.

GN1sDB4.jpg

Vinh removed those short pins in the tail cap and installed heavy mini springs. The GT is no longer a picky eater. I tell ya, that Vinh knows his lights! I'm a happy camper[emoji1]

VNguyen

Enlightened
Will it run flat tops now?

I haven't tried flat tops since I only have 3 vtc5 and a few vtc4 for my vape and they're all different ages. Would it mess my light up if I did? But before the mod, u can hear the batteries rattle. I can just stick a single vtc in each slot and see if it rattle?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
@VNguyen DON'T mix cells! Use the same brand & model number purchased together. Then always use that set of cells together.

I label all my cells with a silver or black Sharpie marker. I write the name of the light and 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 on the cell.

I have three battery chargers and it's easy to get confused when the cells are outside the flashlights, on the chargers.

VNguyen

Enlightened
@VNguyen DON'T mix cells! Use the same brand & model number purchased together. Then always use that set of cells together.

I label all my cells with a silver or black Sharpie marker. I write the name of the light and 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 on the cell.

I have three battery chargers and it's easy to get confused when the cells are outside the flashlights, on the chargers.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm just going to stick a single vtc in and listen for rattling. If it don't hear any rattling I might order 4 new ones to feed to the beast. If it don't work, the vape will use it lol.

VNguyen

Enlightened
I put in a vtc5 and tried shaking it. There's a tiny rattle which lead me to believe that flat tops will not work even after this mod. I'm still happy that it takes unprotected button tops such as lgmj1 and 30q.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered 12 of the 30q. I've read so many good things about them I have to try them out. I'll post feedback after I recieve them and charge them up. Going to put them in my TK61vn and K60vn and MM15MBvn.

Latest posts