tm26gt,,, never worked

met123

Newly Enlightened
About a year ago I bought an expensive, new, old stock Nitecore from the Nitecore Amazon store. Think I paid $350,, not sure,, it had quad reflectors. Anyway, it never worked out of the box, and I tried two sets of 18650 charged batteries, still nothing. I contacted Nitecore China customer service, and they said it was too old. Upon verifying my purchase date (owned it less than 1 year, never even opened the box until after 8-10 months) and serial number, they said ship it to them in China. I did that,, they said all is well, and shipped it back. Still doesn't work. That happened several months ago,, a $350 Nitecore paperweight. I does look pretty. Anyway, I think I was played. They wouldn't think I would go to all the hassle and further expense again to ship to china again, and besides,, they 'said' it worked. Now it can be said it is an intermittant problem, but it never happens for them. After seeing that light sitting in a corner of the room, I just keep getting reminded of the waste of time and money.. I just tried eight 123 batteries in it, still nothing. I'm done with Nitecore, and think I'll just stick with Malkoff and Elzetta,, and maybe Surefire. That's the problem with a lot of cheap flashlights, if you drop them they're garbage. I never even dropped this Nitecore and it is now going to the landfill.

3_gun

Enlightened
Lots of tech guys here who would love to take a shot at a tear down/repair on a light like this, somebody PM this guy

met123

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully you left a review of the flashlight and the vendor on Amazon.

Tell us how that went.
Didn't bother. At the time I couldn't find a way to contact Amazon Nitecore, so went to the Nitecore website customer service. They said they tested it for 24 hours. Before I shipped it to China I took a video of the display, a bunch of gibberish there, unrecognizable characters. That should have meant something to them, but no, everything was fine with them. I have more flashlights than I can count, including many Nitecore that I have not had an issue with, but this just bothers me because I proved something was wrong with the firmware. As I said, I'm done with Nitecore. At this point I will get some satisfaction pounding it to dust with my excavator.

met123

Newly Enlightened
ezgif.com-optimize (2).gif

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel your pain, had a Jetbeam RRT15 Raptor that wasn't right, contacted the seller & manufacturer and got pretty much the same response, I didn't ship mine back as it works in "limp mode" but no multi modes etc.

My plan is to mod it as I really like the form factor...

Maybe the credit card (if used) offers purchase protection? I use Chase Sapphire and it usually adds one year of protection on top of the manufacturer's warranty. If the manufacturer won't help, the card company will credit you back.

I've done it successfully, even with accidental damage. I managed to drop and smash a glass lab condenser within hours of receiving it. I sent photos of the broken glass and Chase credited the price back within 48 hours.