TN36 potential issue, need advice.

MaxiLight

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Just got my new TN36 from Ebay, and i'm sufficiently impressed.

Fantastic flood and it outshines my trusty old Tiny Monster TM26.

the UI is crap though, i like the NiteCore version better by a mile.

The main problem though is that it shuts down on its own.
5-8 seconds on the highest setting and it just shuts down.

Anyone else sen this issue or am i just doing something wrong?

kj2

Flashaholic
Tried both Olight 3400mAh and cheap Ultrafire "5000mAh" ones. Same behaviour with both set of batteries. All fully charged.

Well those Ultrafire's can hit the bin, right away ;)
But it's weird those Olight's don't work properly.

kj2

Flashaholic
Thanks for the video. Looks like a faulty light, indeed.
Since 5000mAh 18650 batteries don't exist, I highly recommend not using them. Using a unknown brand cell and if they're fake Ultrafire's, you have the chance they are rewrapped (old used batteries, who look like new).

MaxiLight

Newly Enlightened
:-( Guess it's goes back to HongKong.

Change of topic, where do you get quality 18650's in the EU?

ven

Flashaholic
Sorry for the sucking eggs bit,are the cells charged and not used "out of the packet" so to speak. As they come partly charged at around 3.6/3.7v .

Have you checked the cells V ,maybe tripping or a duff cell...........its possible.

As said the fire cells are not even fit for the bin,if you have other good cells it may be worth trying before sending off.

UK i get them from ecolux shop off the bay of e,in fact i have just ordered 4x LG 2500 IMR cells for £20:) Norb has many brands,PFs and BDs are a good option,the latter 3200mah. I will pm a link for ease:thumbsup:

MaxiLight

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the sucking eggs bit,are the cells charged and not used "out of the packet" so to speak. As they come partly charged at around 3.6/3.7v .

Have you checked the cells V ,maybe tripping or a duff cell...........its possible.

As said the fire cells are not even fit for the bin,if you have other good cells it may be worth trying before sending off.

UK i get them from ecolux shop off the bay of e,in fact i have just ordered 4x LG 2500 IMR cells for £20:) Norb has many brands,PFs and BDs are a good option,the latter 3200mah. I will pm a link for ease:thumbsup:

Yes sir, Fully charged, and checked with a volt meter.

Thanks for the PM, appreciate it.

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
Id say faulty light as well, more likely a faulty component on the driver. Had a light that was doing this, it drove me nuts till I started smelling the electronics burning opened it up to find the regulator bad. light still worked great for about 3 min then would just shut down. I replaced the driver because my light was out of warrantee. Good luck with sending yours back and getting a new one.

Joe

kj2

Flashaholic
Did you order the light, directly from Thrunite? If so, it might be possible to ship it to Germany or the UK. Saves shipping costs.

MaxiLight

Newly Enlightened
Did you order the light, directly from Thrunite? If so, it might be possible to ship it to Germany or the UK. Saves shipping costs.

Afraid not. Ordered from an Australian seller on eBay, shipped from HongKong. :-(