• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN36vn - Brightest Pop Can Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neilbenecke

Newly Enlightened
Re: TN36vn Triple MK-R

Jeez I have the fiat lux mm15 vn, for the life of me I can't remember what the stock numbers where on it and then what it was transformed into after "vinharisation" but jeez stock the TN36 is putting out 6510 lumens for almost two hours and 22.400cd, far be it from me to claim I know much about anything but god that's bright man and then I can't help wondering and thinking what's Vinhs gonna get this thing to put out ..... Lol a foot ball stadium light. I might be wrong cos with all the lights I bought from Vinh and nitecore I don't know if I have actually even seen 6510 lumens ..... However in terms of my priority list 400 bucks seems allot right. Vihn what's the vihn eagletac equivalent putting out and stacking up against the the tn36 I am assuming the TN36vn got to kill the mm15vn right. Realistically if the eagletac is also a v12 and not a 4 cylinder then we can compare apple with apples sorry if I have missed out on these specs somewhere else on the forum my Appologies I do know you said its way way more affordable.

Capolini

Banned
Re: TN36vn Triple MK-R/MTG2/Quad XP-L

This is from his review. I put the link on my previous post.

Within the first 4 minutes brightness level decreases for ~20% (not even visible for human eye but measureable). At 30' first stepdown, at 38' second stepdown. Total runtime on turbo is 40'.

Notice TOTAL run time on turbo is 40 minutes, not 2 hours.:)

tn36turbouase1.png

Last edited:
Re: TN36vn Triple MK-R

Jeez I have the fiat lux mm15 vn, for the life of me I can't remember what the stock numbers where on it and then what it was transformed into after "vinharisation" but jeez stock the TN36 is putting out 6510 lumens for almost two hours and 22.400cd, far be it from me to claim I know much about anything but god that's bright man and then I can't help wondering and thinking what's Vinhs gonna get this thing to put out ..... Lol a foot ball stadium light. I might be wrong cos with all the lights I bought from Vinh and nitecore I don't know if I have actually even seen 6510 lumens ..... However in terms of my priority list 400 bucks seems allot right. Vihn what's the vihn eagletac equivalent putting out and stacking up against the the tn36 I am assuming the TN36vn got to kill the mm15vn right. Realistically if the eagletac is also a v12 and not a 4 cylinder then we can compare apple with apples sorry if I have missed out on these specs somewhere else on the forum my Appologies I do know you said its way way more affordable.

MM15vn is 7000 on turbo, that lasts 2 minutes, max. By the time Vinh boosts this it might be 8000 lumens, but again turbo would be like 2 minutes.

357mag1

Enlightened

Does the $360 MTG2 include a copper heat sink option? I would love to see a beamshot of 3 de-domed MTG2s in this light.

Lone Eagle

Newly Enlightened

Interested in option 3 or 4 depending on UI, runtimes and lumens output.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just walked back from supper where I had a couple of Fat Tire(s) - so I cannot commit. I'm probably happy with where I am now with lights. Between the LD50vn, MM18vn (and others) - and actually the 4 Sevens Regen MMR-Xvn (which is the light that travels with me, plus 4 PDs, plus, plus, plus...) I am all set for now !!!

I must have had too many - I for got the "vn"s on the LD50vn & MM18vn....

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I just read that turbo mode is only accessed through momentary and double clicking. No memory for turbo mode.
Same as the mm15vn. That is my only gripe I have on that light and its a pretty big downer for me. Vinh u wouldn't be able to change or fix the UI huh?

i jus like to be able to start on turbo with having to hold onto switch or double clicking. I'd be in 100 percent if these can be done. I'm hoping I just read the instructions wrong or final production would be different.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

OK so it seems we might have around 5 90%... I need at least 10 before I can commit to buy 20.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

3800 lumens vs 6500 lumens...why can't they just use the TM06 UI in the TN36?!?! Is it so hard to have the same UI? Must be different in the TN36 for heat management or something?

I wouldn't put too much stock in all these lumen ratings. Gotta see in person to really know.

rdljr1

Newly Enlightened

Totally interested in either 1, 2, or 3👍👍

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 on that Infini.
I would be interested in the 3XMTG2 dedomed of course :)

Capolini

Banned

I wouldn't put too much stock in all these lumen ratings. Gotta see in person to really know.

I agree! However, if you look at the link I provided in post #20 and see it compared to all the others, "IF" all/most those others have accurate lumen ratings, then it certainly looks like it had 6000+ lumens.

I will save anyone interested in looking some time! Here is the LINK again.Look at his awesome gif/beam shot comarisons.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-TN36-3x-MK-R

Status
Not open for further replies.