• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN40vn - Should T6vn be scared?!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tn40vn....although, nice numbers, imo a vn driver is the way to go. T6vn is much more appealing with the higher lumens and with the single click to turbo with your vn driver.

How come xhp35Hi was not an option with the t6vn and tm16gtvn?

does the thrunight have higher quality reflector and lens and deeper reflecters compare to the t6?
im curious why it throws that much better....and this is before a vn driver.
Isnt the tn40 smaller than the t6 also?

The head on the tn40 is bigger the the t6. Bigger reflector you get more throw.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh ok it is 3000 mah... I dont mind using them if vinh priced at around $10. But now lg mj1 is the main cells for all my lights.

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Side by side eyeball testing of the T6vn vs the K60vn (shaved) reveals that the hotspots are (to the eye) equivalent at 100m. I'm sure the T6vn has a slightly brighter hotspot, but at range I can't tell the difference. I still insist that the K60vn is the best all around thrower due to excellent thermal management and build quality on par with Zebralight. Plus, it's only $210. Yes the T6 has @1000 lumens more, but a lot of that is wasted in petals.

Last edited:

3liminate

Newly Enlightened
Side by side eyeball testing of the T6vn vs the K60vn (shaved) reveals that the hotspots are (to the eye) equivalent at 100m. I'm sure the T6vn has a slightly brighter hotspot, but at range I can't tell the difference. I still insist that the K60vn is the best all around thrower due to excellent thermal management and build quality on par with Zebralight. Plus, it's only $210. Yes the T6 has @1000 lumens more, but a lot of that is wasted in petals.

Yeah but the T6VN has another 200K Lux. That thing is ridiculous for the performance and size

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
... I think I somewhat made up my mind on the TN40vn although I am not through with testings ...

I think it will be either XHP35 HD or HI in this light or nothing. As fast as XPL go I think it belongs in the T6vn due to price, size, and just overall ease of production.

Cross your finger that XHP35 stand out in this light like it does in the K70vn :)

Saul Good

Enlightened
Exciting stuff! I find it interesting that they use a 2s2p battery configuration and a boost driver. The stock driver may push the xhp35 just perfectly as direct drive seems to push it a little too hard.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
... And battery wiring can be changed. It's happened before. 

Everything is going to be changed. Battery pack will be rigged as well. We will see. I will update you guys when I have concrete results.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
... I think I somewhat made up my mind on the TN40vn although I am not through with testings ...

I think it will be either XHP35 HD or HI in this light or nothing. As fast as XPL go I think it belongs in the T6vn due to price, size, and just overall ease of production.

Cross your finger that XHP35 stand out in this light like it does in the K70vn :)

Yes. I think i am tired of xpl.