***TnC Micro-Flex N Cell Sales Thread***

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Uriah,

We expect to complete these in July. Admittedly we got side tracked with another project, but Chris is short some help with the machines in the shop as well. We're sorry for the delays but these will be built. Thanks

Gary123

Enlightened
The DD should run 125-150 lumens I'd suspect. The problem with the N cell LI-ion is that's a tough row for it to hoe. .... We are planning to seek interest to do a AAA tube run after these are built and that would be a better setup for that much draw.

Eric - On high, would the flupic reach that same output on high?

Gary123

Enlightened
If I'm not too late, I would like one Diamond Mill with flupic. I want a configuration with as large a spot as possible, basically a flood (not interested in throw from such a tiny light). I really don't like that "follow the bouncing ball" effect with bright, small spots. And I will definitely want a AAA body.

I sent you an email last night about the N flupic driver. This email supercedes that.

thanks Eric.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm not too late, I would like one Diamond Mill with flupic. I want a configuration with as large a spot as possible, basically a flood (not interested in throw from such a tiny light). I really don't like that "follow the bouncing ball" effect with bright, small spots. And I will definitely want a AAA body.

I sent you an email last night about the N flupic driver. This email supercedes that.

thanks Eric.

Hi Gary,

No you're not too late. You might want the Cree head without the reflector since it's flood and this makes it smaller as well, but there are ways to get a large spot with the Seoul as well. I agree about the bouncing ball. It seems harder to hold a small light steady and thus this effect.

Gary123

Enlightened
Eric:

I will commit to the Diamond Mill light and the matching AAA body when available. The two things for me to sort out are:

1) I would prefer some sort of a large spot, I don't want a beam with a small bright spot, nor a pure flood (like a reflectorless light), but tending toward the flood. I wouldn't even mind a large spot with no spill. I don't know if this means the Cree is still OK for me, or if I should go with the McR-10 configuration.

2) My computer is not showing any pictures at the moment, but I love the look of the Diamond Mill light held between the two fingers. If the configuration in the picture is with the Cree (cause the McR would use a larger head?) then I guess I would go for the Cree.

And my issue with the "follow the bouncing ball" is not due to unsteady holding of the light, but rather that the eye tends to follow the spot as the light is moved around - a large spot or pure flood eliminates this.

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Gary,

The diamond mill proto in the photo is of the Seoul head with 10mm reflector. That probably has the beam you are looking for with a nice wide spot.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have anything new to add yet. Chris has been crazy busy at the CNC shop and life has kept me busy as well. We are still working on this however. Sorry for the long delays.

Archie Cruz

Banned
1X Micro-Flex Diamond Mill
Raw Aluminum
I'm clueless on the Ckts but I'll take whatever delivers the very brightest High and Lowest Low irrespective of runtime. Neutral or warm tints preferred.
But wait a minute! Will the pills be backwards compatible with the KeyLux? If so, I'd just want a pill right?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
1X Micro-Flex Diamond Mill
Raw Aluminum
I'm clueless on the Ckts but I'll take whatever delivers the very brightest High and Lowest Low irrespective of runtime. Neutral or warm tints preferred.
But wait a minute! Will the pills be backwards compatible with the KeyLux? If so, I'd just want a pill right?
Thanks!

I'll see if we can't revisit this project soon, but no, the pills are new for the Micro Flex and not backwards compatible with the Key-Lux. These are much smaller.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
This project is on the back burner for now. There just wasn't enough interest to make a run of these at this time. It would be nice to make them for the 5 - 10 people that were interested but then the price would be too high. There is a lot of work that goes into making a complete light. There usually is a minimum qty for the parts that go with the light so I would end up buying more parts then what is needed for a small run.

Hopefully we can come back to this in the future.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add my name to the interested list!:twothumbs Thanks!