Flashlight Enthusiast
getting ready

IMG_0381d.jpg

6' up

IMG_0381e.jpg

Cheers

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I can only imagine how much fun those kids are having!

Lookin' good, Dave! :thumbsup:

john

SIMON LEONE

Newly Enlightened
greetings :wave:

this is so awesome thought the dream of every lill boy

I built about 20 tree houses during my childhood and youth but of course none

of them was that amazing

but I'll built a real one like yours too ... one day:thumbsup:

regards

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd only met Dave once (at PF9), where we spoke about the Spy for a few minutes, but it was enough to know he's the kind of dude who ain't playin' around when it comes to engineering. So upon seeing the title of this thread, I had a hunch this tree house may be a cut above average... but whoa!

And that about sums it up in one word... whoa.

:bow:

Also wondering how the center will be sealed. I'm picturing some kind of tube in order to just let rain run right through and out the bottom. Thick rubber perhaps? Or maybe a sheet metal tube formed around the trunk, welded along the join, and the top and bottom ends bolted to the ceiling and floor.

LK5GB7

Newly Enlightened
holy crap! I wish i had one like this when i was a kid!!

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Also wondering how the center will be sealed. I'm picturing some kind of tube in order to just let rain run right through and out the bottom. Thick rubber perhaps? Or maybe a sheet metal tube formed around the trunk, welded along the join, and the top and bottom ends bolted to the ceiling and floor.

He can't weld metal around the trunk, the tree needs room to grow. He could take pieces of overlapping rubber roof membrane, clamp the tops loosely to the tree and have them hang out and onto the roof. This would also leave the trunk visible. Why go through all that work just to have a metal sleeve for your inner wall? He has taken "tree house" to a whole new level...

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
He can't weld metal around the trunk, the tree needs room to grow. He could take pieces of overlapping rubber roof membrane, clamp the tops loosely to the tree and have them hang out and onto the roof. This would also leave the trunk visible. Why go through all that work just to have a metal sleeve for your inner wall? He has taken "tree house" to a whole new level...

I think he'd told me he was experimenting with pieces of foam to form a flexible seal against the trunk... and at the end of the day, if a little water seeps down the trunk itself, it's not that big a deal really, would roll right down the trunk and out the bottom opening in the tree house anyway. Plus, it's a little like a built-in waterfall fountain! :D

Latest posts