Trek 19 Aluminum/ Expedition 1900 Aluminum

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello,

I would like to know the difference between the Expedition 1900 Aluminum that C. Crane sells for $174.95 and the Trek 19 Aluminum that Glow-Bug has for $169.00? Are these two Flashlights the same product? They both look alike. Are they both made by tektite?

I would appreciate any information on this subject.

Thanks,

Tony

Hemingray

Enlightened
I have bought several LED flashlights from C Crane over the past few years, from the original 3 LED, 3 AA units to one of the 7 LED, 3 C Cellers, to recently, two of the 140 LED, 3 C Cellers when they were on special at 1/2 price.
These were originally embossed with C Crane's name, but now show Tektite, which comfirms my earlier suspicions as to their origin.
wink.gif

BTW, I re-fitted the 7 LED light with the latest white LEDs from Paul Wilcoxson, and it is considerably brighter. Also re-worked some of the older 3 LED lights with blue, green and aqua LEDs
just because... C Crane does include shipping,
hence the slightly higher prices in some cases.

/ed brown in NH
cool.gif

MDM

Newly Enlightened
Someone previously mentioned in this forum that Crane has the exclusive distribution rights for certain Tektite flashlight products in the US. That's why when you order on-line at Tektite's site, you are transferred to the C. Crane website. I have bought several models through Crane (300, 1400), and have always found their service to be prompt and excellent. They do include shipping in their price, so consider that in your decision.

Big Tex

Enlightened
I've had a Tektite 19 for several years now and it's still one of my favs. Sturdy, waterproof, and has plenty of light for me. For that reason, I haven't thought about the alum model tho it sounds neat.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Big Tex:
I've had a Tektite 19 for several years now and it's still one of my favs. Sturdy, waterproof, and has plenty of light for me. For that reason, I haven't thought about the alum model tho it sounds neat.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tex,

I have the 1400 and am quite happy with it. I've always assumed the 1900 wouldn't be that much brighter but with a consequent drop in runtime. What has been your experience, and how long would you say the beam retains most of its energy?

Brightnorm

Big Tex

Enlightened
Brightnorm, I really can't answer your question. I leave it in my truck and use it when needed. It's still got the original batts in it. I've never seen a 1400 so I can't compare it to the 1900. I never run test any of my lights. Just buy them, use them, and if they need batts, put some new batts in. lol