Tri-V Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrstormer

Banned
There are a few people who bought spares, and there are a few people who've decided the Tri-V was not for them despite how cool it is, so it IS possible to get your hands on one. It can take a while, but that's to be expected for anything as cash-dense as the Tri-V is.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few people who bought spares, and there are a few people who've decided the Tri-V was not for them despite how cool it is, so it IS possible to get your hands on one. It can take a while, but that's to be expected for anything as cash-dense as the Tri-V is.

Yeah, I gotta few "spares" in the first run---we use 'em around here as night lights most of the time. When not in use I store 'em in the basement along with my gold bullion bars.....:devil: JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING!! Actually I store 'em next to Mona Lisa painting....or was it by the canning jars or....:confused:

Karl

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to do some computer moving today at work, and knew I would be under the desks hooking up cables, so I brought the Tri-V to light things up back there.
Well, I had it sitting on a desk, when a coworker picks it up asking what it is. After I explained it was a flashlight & forcefully removed it from his hands, he asks "So, how much is something like that?"
To which I replied " A fair bit"
His reply, "Oh $100 bucks or so"
Yeah, around there.:naughty:

1wrx7

Enlightened
I had to do some computer moving today at work, and knew I would be under the desks hooking up cables, so I brought the Tri-V to light things up back there.
Well, I had it sitting on a desk, when a coworker picks it up asking what it is. After I explained it was a flashlight & forcefully removed it from his hands, he asks "So, how much is something like that?"
To which I replied " A fair bit"
His reply, "Oh $100 bucks or so"
Yeah, around there.:naughty:

I won't even tell people who ask how much the Tri-V cost me. I remember the looks I got when I showed them $300-$400 lights:shakehead While I couldn't see buying an expensive watch, I can easily justify owning a Tri-V:devil: I also wouldn't give somebody crap about buying a fancy watch, but there are only a few people who haven't given it to me for what I spend on flashlights:mad:.... so I just quit telling people.

There are so many awsome lights available in all different price ranges here on CPF. For me the Tri-V is the most innovative/usefull light I've ever seen... and it looks sexy:eek: It would be a lot easier/cheaper to build this kind of light in something like a Mag host. Dave designed a Ferarri:naughty::thumbsup: I'm surprised I only know of one member who has built their own version of a Tri-V... I thought more modders would try doing a multiple beam type mod:shrug:

Thanks again Dave.... my wallet still wants to:xyxgun: but I love that you're a member here:grouphug:... tempting us all with your mad scientist creations:whistle:

jellydonut

Enlightened
I don't even tell people what my Malkoffs cost.. And I've managed to fool them into thinking the Polarion is a normal light with a normal price too. Without mentioning a number, mind. I just don't mention it at all.

Telling people you've got a little light made out of titanium that costs $2000 (with a $1k discount!) is a one-way trip to people's mental loonie bins I think.:nana:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
==================================================
========================
This post is from the HTML recovered from Google Cashed Data. It represents the information from the original posts made by various CPF members to this thread. Rebuilding this thread was necessary because the original posts were lost in the "Great CPF Server Crash of 2011".
========================
==================================================

one page of posts was not recovered

Re: Tri-V
Information

Written by easilyled on 12-19-2010 09:20 AM GMT

London Lad said:
You go to the switch position (say 6) while it's still spinning, then once it stops spinning toggle back and forth. It doesn't matter that you go back one first.

Hope that makes sense!
Yes, it is what I presumed, thanks. :)

So when toggling, I presume it doesn't matter whether the first movement is either back or forwards on any given position, correct?

Re: Tri-V
Information

Written by London Lad on 12-19-2010 09:56 AM GMT

Correct :)

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
There will be another run. We are working on it right now. I have no time frame to report at this time as a couple critical parts are not in house yet.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any clues to what the 3 emitters will be?

The spot will be an XR-E because the XP-G does not work nearly as well behind an aspheric. The flood and reflector are both now going to be XP-G emitters. The flood wiring will be direct to a MCPCB with the Warm White XP-G. It will be deeper in, so it is protected more than the MC-E was.

Cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.