• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Triple v5 R33 Engine - 4th LED, 30w limit, Screen Programable, Dual Mode Groups

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Running some tests...

Ok, a few points and then a few questions.

I'll do more testing and see if we can find a friendlier 'fast' setting for everyone
Changing the mode switch timing does not also change the program code entry timing
Once you get used to fast switching, you may be encouraged to go to fast for 2+2+2 entry
Set to fast switching, you can go slow enough to repeat mode 1 and still be correct

We've tried to reproduce the problem on two lights, without success

When the light is now first turned on, what does it do (color/pattern)?
What is the URL of the program you entered after you entered fast switch (please PM)?
What tailcap/switch configuration are you running?

Newly Enlightened
Ok, while I awaited your response I tried programming mode again and it worked!

So I tried to factory reset so I can work from scratch. The programming took, but now the light just activates the dim red LED like in program mode. So no matter what I do with the switch, it just comes on dim red.

So I then tried to make a program change but it doesn't take anymore(the red LED doesn't go off after the program cycle).

Not sure if I made it worse than before.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
So I tried to factory reset so I can work from scratch. The programming took, but now the light just activates the dim red LED like in program mode. So no matter what I do with the switch, it just comes on dim red. .

Factory reset was configured to ignore white settings by leaving them turned off. But if you don't then load a program that has white settings, the light won't have any. And will run in red only, waiting for a program to be loaded.

We've just changed Reset to load the full 4+4 white settings. This will give you a functional light, with no red or other special modes, with a single program load. Please try it again.

Newly Enlightened
I was able to reset my light to factory mode. I then was able to activate the bounce sensor so I can enjoy the red LED when needed w/o having it take up a programming slot, SWEET!

So everything looks good right now, thanks Dan! I don't think I have to tell anyone here how great OR's customer service is right? I got my problem solved in about an hour on a Saturday, that's just awesome and unheard of!

I really can't say enough about the support you get when you buy an OVEREADY product. It's not going to be cheap, most would consider it crazy expensive, but if you want the best flashlights and the best service there is a price associated with that. Dan has been especially helpful in getting me sorted out with a few little issues I have had over the year. I just want you to know Dan, that it's much appreciated and not overlooked!

BTW, the bounce sensor is a little tricky to get just right, as mentioned by a few others on the thread. The setting I ended up with is "76".

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've saved a couple different programs to Google Drive so I can easily access them from my phone.

I can now load a new program from anywhere with phone service in about 30 seconds. Pretty cool, IMHO.

Danny70

Newly Enlightened
I've saved a couple different programs to Google Drive so I can easily access them from my phone.

I can now load a new program from anywhere with phone service in about 30 seconds. Pretty cool, IMHO.

Saved as video files in my iPhone 6 and I can change on-the-go! Don't even need phone service!

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just remembered that i can make Google Drive files available when offline. I can now access them without phone service, and from all computers.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Great tips on video storing, I'll add them to the main page!

I may have missed it. Any word on when the next batch will be avaliable?

The next batch is still scheduled for first half of August.
I won't post them without a multi day heads up here, first.

richstag

Enlightened

I received this last week but had no time to post up my appreciation and feedback. Thank you so much to Oveready for getting this to me!! This light is by far my favorite. Its downright incredible what they did with this light. I run it on two 18350's and it is truly impressive. I was blown away.

Thanks so much :)

Kevin

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the URL of the program you entered after you entered fast switch (please PM)?
What tailcap/switch configuration are you running?

OMG MALWARE 1337 HAXXORS IN MAH FLASHLIGHT! :)

Disclaimer: Love LuxRC, love Oveready. I am not the enemy! CPF for life!

I pray I never have the "DDos Virus" in my flashlight. The last thing we need is flashlights spamming the internet!

Oh wait, my cellphone has a flashlight.... OH NO!

Last edited:

richstag

Enlightened
Thanks Isaac :)

Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks I can do some beamshot pics compared to a few other lights.