TV help: flat vs curved screen

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
One reason I am not yet going to invest in HDTV is that it would require me to buy a $60/month cable package to jump into a service that provides it. I wonder if satellite TV owners are penalized as well? I'm going to buy a cheap 27" $200-250 range that will hold me for a couple/few years when HDTV prices become more reasonable. I know the HDTV prices themselves have dropped tremendously in the past couple years, maybe the cable service will follow? (yeah, right)

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Well you guys are a wealth of information! Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I'll just go with a curved screen that has a comb filter. I'm not tech crazy, so I can wait for a HDTV untill they come way down in price.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Oh yeah! I'm reminded of something...

My 32" RCA has a video entry mode that DOES present a clearer picture on DSS or DVD. Not enough clearer that I ALWAYS used it, but noticeable.

In an incedibly bad turn of luck, my Dads 27" Magnavox PIP has wigged out in coloration. It's purple in the middle with bright yellow edges. EEK! That'll need replacing before anything happens to my stuff.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
In an almost unbelieveable turn of events, Dad's Magnavox has gotten better again...

What in the heck can happen to do that???

[/ QUOTE ]

an electrical strom?