• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Two Tone XM-L Series - New EDC

cw_mi

Enlightened
Closer every day! I know I'm slow but it is what it is. This one got blasted today and is ready to go in the mail.

/QUOTE]

David, it's all good. Part of the thrill of having something custom made, whether it's a knife, gun or light is the anticipation built up by the build time. Then when it arrives its like being a kid all over again.
I hope I didn't make you think I was getting frustrated or anything, I apologize if I did.

saltytri

Enlightened
At last, the XP-G EDCs are done.

5744214861_450edd70e3_z.jpg

5744214691_e644dda89c_z.jpg

A copper light engine really isn't thermally necessary for an XP-G but cool factor is quite another matter. :devil:

5744762848_cb6626049d_z.jpg

There's always someone in the crowd who has to be different. :laughing: One gentleman wanted a brass old-school look with a longitudinal element on the body. I'd never seen a light with 18 flats but it seemed like a nifty idea, so here it is. The light is otherwise essentially the same as the other EDCs.

5744763420_7e2f87b950_z.jpg

5744215249_14a67a6860_z.jpg

houtex

Enlightened
In the 6 or so years I've been poking my head around here,THAT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLASHLIGHT I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Please PM me a price. Thank you.

cw_mi

Enlightened
Holy smokes David... Have you even been out of your shop in the past few weeks ?!? Again just stunning lights !

archer6817j

Enlightened
That's pretty awesome! I was just at the Maker Faire in San Mateo today. It reminds me of the Victorian "steam punk" stuff with the 18 facets and all brass. Bet that has a nice swing weight ;)

ledcarry

Enlightened
David,

Awesome work on the latest EDC's and thanks for showing these beauties off for the rest of us to see. Congrats!! to all the new owners who had lights done in this latest build. :thumbsup:

Jeff

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding work David.
I'm willing to get your shipping notification in the mail...

:paypal:

easilyled

Flashaholic
I really look forward to seeing new pictures in this thread because each creation is so full of ingenuity and eye-catching. The EDC XPGs are terrific and the "old-school" brass light is just amazing.

saltytri

Enlightened
:naughty: Well, dad, maybe you should pay a visit here:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?198401-Dad-s-quot-Free-Screw-quot-Offer-is-Back!-Anyone-Lookin-For-a-Good-Screw

Thanks to all for your comments and support! The EDC series is done (at least for now) and I'm off on vacation for a couple of weeks.

Here's the last variation, again done for a compañero who just had to be different. :laughing:

He's going to install the trits himself.

This an example of form following function. The head on the standard EDC is pretty thin so more thickness is required to make the trit slots deep enough. The larger diameter then gets melded into the design so it looks like it belongs. A couple of grooves were deleted from the body to keep it from looking too "busy." With more complexity in the appearance of the head, greater simplicity in the body is a useful offset.

5746581803_185e961c22_z.jpg

5747129430_1c53ff5013_z.jpg

cw_mi

Enlightened
I am very excited to get one of these.. I feel like a little kid in anticipation of christmas !

saltytri

Enlightened
I am very excited to get one of these.. I feel like a little kid in anticipation of christmas !

And I appreciate that you have been so patient. I'm just working through the list as quickly as I can. I haven't forgotten!!

cw_mi

Enlightened
And I appreciate that you have been so patient. I'm just working through the list as quickly as I can. I haven't forgotten!!

It's all good, I figure there were quite a few on the list before me. And with me being picky and wanting different things well it takes more time. Enjoy your vacation !