• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Two Tone XM-L Series - New EDC

cw_mi

Enlightened
Wow,
These are very nice !!! I just wonder who the new owner is....

saltytri

Enlightened
Wow,
These are very nice !!! I just wonder who the new owner is....

Hmmm.... I wonder. :thinking:

Thanks for all the kind words, guys! This was a fun project, though I think it will be a while before I do another clip mounted on a grip ring. Getting that to come out right taxed my little brain!

brembo

Enlightened
That clip mount location is great. The gallery of photos is jaw-dropping too, a few of those lights made me wonder what I could sell my .44 Redhawk for.

ledcarry

Enlightened
It's so nice to see all of these light creations together in one spot. Also cool to see the unique artisan coming out in each one of these awesome lights. Congrats to the new owner! I am glad to see the clip option you came up with there CW. Outstanding work again David. :thumbsup:

Jeff

cw_mi

Enlightened
A question for the owners of Saltytri's works of art, how are you keeping them clean ? I've been carrying my EDC version for the past week and have found that the bronze/al is starting to develop a greyish tinge. Windex didn't work so is anyone else having this happen to their lights ?

wolfy

Enlightened
Its brass, this is expected to tarnish slightly over time, personally I wanted mine to do this to give it a more vintage feel, shiny where there is slightly more wear and darker where there is less contact.

But I have used Brasso (if its still avalable) in the past to clean up brass (and other metals) to remove tarnish and give a nice shiny lustre, but it is a polish with a very fine abrassive so you dont need a lot of preasure . There is also I believe a non-abrasive brasso I think.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its brass, this is expected to tarnish slightly over time, personally I wanted mine to do this to give it a more vintage feel, shiny where there is slightly more wear and darker where there is less contact.

But I have used Brasso (if its still avalable) in the past to clean up brass (and other metals) to remove tarnish and give a nice shiny lustre, but it is a polish with a very fine abrassive so you dont need a lot of preasure . There is also I believe a non-abrasive brasso I think.

Bought Brasso in Wallymart last year to shine up a Benchmade (Brass & Rosewood) that I was selling. Still available. Looking forward to getting one and letting patina do it's thing.

tshirley

Newly Enlightened
I have had the EDC version for a couple months now and have not shined it up but let it just Patina in. Looks great rich dark color where the oil of my hand has come in contact with the aluminum bronze but the grooves on the head are still as bright as when I got the light it's like a tri-tone EDC love it looks so cool. To each their own.

Last edited:

tshirley

Newly Enlightened
Will try to get some pictures up soon. So stoked with my Saltytri EDC sits on my bed stand every night and has developed a wonderful patina on the brass pieces that come in contact with the oil from your hands.

Last edited:

saltytri

Enlightened
I've been out of touch for a couple of weeks. I know that I have a few PMs to answer, which I'll do now.

Long hours in the shop are less appealing in the summer than in the winter so I haven't been hard at it. That fact and other obligations will keep me occupied until October, when I expect to be back at it.

Cheers to all!

saltytri

Enlightened
I've been out of touch for a couple of weeks. I know that I have a few PMs to answer, which I'll do now.

Long hours in the shop are less appealing in the summer than in the winter so I haven't been hard at it. That fact and other obligations will keep me occupied until October, when I expect to be back at it.

Cheers to all!

As summer is over on my calendar, and well into the automn...
may I put an order for just the same as this one
5597115452_97a930d924_z.jpg

for a 2.8A 18650 XM-L Neutral 3levels? preferably around 5000K or 4700K