UK Light Cannon HID

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bernhart. Try ebay. Usual buy price is about $140-145USD. Some may ship overseas.
And welcome to the Forum. Some mates on this board also.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH man telephony ..thanks ALOT! sheesh....there goes my therapy. I have to get this damn thing now. I can feel it, my teeth are getting itchy and my hands are twitching everytime i see this light in a display case. haha...

by the way, does this light make a really good long range light? Or is it only good for short range like the usual tactical light.

Brock

Flashaholic
I so want one of these, but with the hint of Surefire making an HID light I just have to wait. HID seems to be the next step in flashlights (except for quick on/off bursts).

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, a SF HID would be really something ...

Telephony, thanks for the photo of the lamp - somehow I missed that shot when you posted it (??!!)

lightlover
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
I so want one of these, but with the hint of Surefire making an HID light I just have to wait. HID seems to be the next step in flashlights (except for quick on/off bursts).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm surprised!
shocked.gif

I thought you had one of these. I thought you'd be one of the first to get one of these. And I thought you'd be the first to break one of these.
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Looks like another Light Cannon thread needs to be moved.
smile.gif

Aside from a minor glitch early on, my LC seems to be still working well, though I admit I don't use it as often as I'd like because of its intense and unremitting hunger for C cells.
tongue.gif

The next baseball game I attend will probably be the next time it gets used for anything other than a demonstration, and then I'll probably take it off the chair and start using a rechargeable MR-type halogen that was sent to me for that purpose.
smile.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was interested in, but never read any posts on useing rechargeables in the Light Cannon. If anyone tried it, I'ld be interesed to hear the results. What kind of "real world" run time out of alkalines? TX

Brock

Flashaholic
Nope Craig, I have never seen one in person. I have been temptep to get one, but other lights have beem more tempting
smile.gif
If someone wants to send me one to measure and play with, that would be great!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
I was interested in, but never read any posts on useing rechargeables in the Light Cannon. If anyone tried it, I'ld be interesed to hear the results. What kind of "real world" run time out of alkalines? TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to get around 2 to 3 hours out of a set of name brands. I rarely run it much longer than 30 minutes or so at a time - the time it takes me to get from the local watering hole or baseball park to home. Figure I can make 4 to 6 such trips on a set of batteries before it takes a nosedive and becomes too dim to use as a headlight.

The next night game I go to it will get used; and it will probably get a long runtime on the 4th of July when I make the nearly hour long trip to the park to watch the local fireworks show, and then make the return trip home afterward.

Then again, with Osama Butthole Laden's douche crew threatening to bomb fireworks shows and other large 4th of July gatherings (our show attracts 350,000 people to an area small enough that a "suitcase nuke", a tomahawk, or a perfume bottle full of bio-crap could wipe out 100%), I may end up just staying home and watching it on TV this year, and hope there's a south or southwest airflow that night. :[

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed that UKE list a nicad battery pack for the light cannon on their website. Has anyone tried that?

Graham

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
Then again, with Osama Butthole Laden's douche crew threatening to bomb fireworks shows and other large 4th of July gatherings (our show attracts 350,000 people to an area small enough that a "suitcase nuke", a tomahawk, or a perfume bottle full of bio-crap could wipe out 100%), I may end up just staying home and watching it on TV this year, and hope there's a south or southwest airflow that night. :[<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Craig,
There's a lot of age difference between you & I, but my opinion is that I'm not going to let ABL (alias SOB) dictate what I'm going to go see or do in my life. The only way I'ld let him change my life style would be if I got a chance to shoot the SOB!! (I don't shoot people as a normal thing) TX