Update e2d...battery and light questions

firefighter2415

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading up, but still have questions. Haven't been doing this too long.

Currently running I believe an mn03 and two primaries. Looking at my options to upgrade it but still look stock. I know about the lumensfactory incan options and their led drop in upgrade. I also know of tana's. I'm not really looking at SF heads as I could buy a new light for the price.

As as for batteries if I understand I can't use rcr123s or I'll blow the bulb. And 17670 I don't think will fit as there is a lip in the body by the tail (can't put batteries in that end).

So I guess my question is what are you guys and gals using and what options should I be looking at. I'm open to trying to sand the interior of the tube to get 17670s to fit. Slow, but can't be too bad. Thanks

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the LF and Tanas. I much much prefer the Tana. It is a light worthy of the $80 investment. It will be like a whole new light!

What leads you to believe a 17670 won't fit your E2D? I have 10 or so different ones and I am pretty sure they all can fit the 17670.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Battery variation, and "vintage" changes in the SF tubes, may each play a significant role.

Last edited:

jdboy

Enlightened
I have an old 2 flats E2D body and have ran AW17670s and UltraFire (gray wrapper) 17670s in it with no problem. But now I run the KeepPower 16650 battery with much more capacity than any 17670 I've found.

firefighter2415

Newly Enlightened
I read a few posts saying that 17650s didn't always work at it seems the lip is the problem. So a 16650 is a better option?

firefighter2415

Newly Enlightened
I really don't. Gotta get a pair of digital calipers. I ended up buying two li-ion 16650s. Figured they would work. And have hopefully a longer runtime. 3.7v 2500mah isn't going to blow the bulb. Right?

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are running the stock incan lamp, it will light it up, but not brightly (tried it one time in my G2). Best bet is to get one of the Lumens Factory drop ins. In incan they have the HO-E1R and the EO-E1R, For an LED drop get the E1-LED Single Mode LED Assembly. Really a nice lamp for not a lot of money. The stock version is around 5000K in color. I believe if you drop them an email at the time you order you can ask to have them use the 90+ CRI emitter instead. You might want to email them at "[email protected]" first to make sure. Just make sure you get the one that does NOT say *This product can only be used with flashlights using Lumens Factory E Series Head Unit.*

ead.