UV light for scorpions

d88

Newly Enlightened
I have a friend over in FLorida who has an issue with scorpions in the house. Now I know reading portals like these scorpions do light up under UV light, But I'm not sure about the right wavelength to use. Also, it should be budget friendly and if possible AA or AAA battery for ease of use, although they would consider CR123/ 18650 if need be.

Do you guys know of any decent UV lights that fit the brief ?

Thanks in advance.

d88

Newly Enlightened
I have a friend over in FLorida who has an issue with scorpions in the house. Now I know reading portals like these scorpions do light up under UV light, But I'm not sure about the right wavelength to use. Also, it should be budget friendly and if possible AA or AAA battery for ease of use for them, although they would consider CR123/ 18650 if need be.

Do you guys know of any decent UV lights that fit the brief ?

I live in Scotland and it's safe to say scorpions are non existent here, so my knowledge on these critters is zilch !

Thanks in advance.

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
SporTac P60 *TRIPLE* LED Module, Ultraviolet 395nm; in a Surefire 6P host, is a premium Scorpion hunter. It's what I use; and I live in the Sonoran Desert. There is one left at Illumination Gear. 7/16/21 9:08 AM