• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

V54 Monthly Giveaway

scottinarctic1

Newly Enlightened
I would like to praise the most used light by me, the MaratacVN. I use it daily usually 10 to 15 times a day. I have a home theatre, and to do it correctly you need a dark room, so I am always looking for remotes movies or games. I also use it for the dark Alaskan winters, we do have moose, bears and wolves right out our front doors so safety is a concern. Don't get me wrong I love spotlighting from the comfort of the warm indoors, and the big lights do this extremely well.There is just something special about the size and output of the Maratac.

A.marquardt

Enlightened
I would like to praise the most used light by me, the MaratacVN. I use it daily usually 10 to 15 times a day. I have a home theatre, and to do it correctly you need a dark room, so I am always looking for remotes movies or games. I also use it for the dark Alaskan winters, we do have moose, bears and wolves right out our front doors so safety is a concern. Don't get me wrong I love spotlighting from the comfort of the warm indoors, and the big lights do this extremely well.There is just something special about the size and output of the Maratac.

Scott, do you mind me asking which city you live in? I'm in Juneau.

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America
Scott, do you mind me asking which city you live in? I'm in Juneau.

I'm not from AK, but it does hold a place in my heart! I spent 3 months in Ninilchik many years ago. I HAVE to return with my family!

Anyways, the time I was in AK was amazing. Mt Redoubt had blown its top almost 8 years prior and there was STILL ash everywhere!! That was an eye opener!

SA Condor

Enlightened

Sequim, WA is an amazing place! It's also not far from the place where the Twilight book series was based off of. I stopped and got coffee in one of the towns mentioned, and ate Chinese in the town they all were from. Anyways, back to Sequim! I captured a gorgeous sunset . . . If only I had had a Vinh light then :)

DSCF6775%201_zpsqreg7jzw.jpg

SA Condor

Enlightened
Pick a number from 1-5400

Here's something interesting . . . A list of all the numbers chosen so far. Including my number for this post #85! This way Vinh doesn't have to go through all the posts trying to figure it out!

Any new posts could copy and paste this list and also add their new number to help facilitate and keep track of things!

Last edited:

scottinarctic1

Newly Enlightened

Of all the dangerous animals in Alaska moose attack humans more often than bears do. And I have seen both within feet of me and still I am more terrified of Wolverine. I am very lucky to have seen one, not up close. Some old geesers trappers who have here for years still haven't seen one.

Last edited:

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened

The EC11vn with dual magnet tail is probably the best EDC light I have ever had or seen. I would spare no expense on a light I use daily, but the EC11vn is better than lights costing 5 times as much IMHO. The 900 lumens it cranks out, even with its diminutive size, is a sight to behold. Plus it has beacon mode, so you stick the magnet onto something metal, and you have a beacon aimed in any direction you need. If you don't have one, go buy one right now. I don't see how you could not like this light. Only knock on it is the 18350 IMR battery that isn't real common, but I think it will become a more common size since people seem to like compact lights.

Last edited:

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened

If you use a lot of AAA or AA battery powered lights, you probably already know that 1.2V Ni-Mh are the best batteries to use in them. That being said, I go through tons of AAA and AA rechargeable batteries, so I have tried many chargers, and like to keep lots of chargers everywhere I go. The cheapest and best/most feature rich that I have found to date are the Nitecore D2 Digicharger 2015 New Version and the La Crosse Technology BC-700.

The Nitecore one is sooooo cheap, and very good quality. It supports IMR/Li-ion/LiFePO4/Ni-MH/Ni-Cd batteries, and AUTO DETECTS them! You don't have to press anything, and it delivers the optimal charging current. It will also charge different chemistries at the same time! So cool! I can't believe they go for like $15!

The La Crosse is only for Ni-MH and Ni-Cd, but it charges 4 batts at a time, and up to 700mah. It also has lots of testing/refresh/recover features for stubborn or over depleted batteries. They go for around $30.

Last edited:

Skavoovie

Newly Enlightened
# 3025

It's not the flashiest nor the brightest, but my favorite V54 light is the G25C2vn. It is my 'grab light' around home because it does so many different tasks so well.

Between the handy flip-up diffuser (I wish this was a more common feature in all lights) and the great tint of the 4000K XM-L2, it is super versatile to have around. I use it diffuser down most of the time for the nice smooth flood, but it's nice to have quick access to decent throw.

The modes are fairly well spaced and I like the twist-mode interface as a relatively reliable way of knowing of knowing which brightness you'll turn on at (Zebralight, I love you, but you blind me sometimes). Tail-standing, diffused medium was perfect for installing a faucet the other day. The low is low enough not to disturb folks sleeping; I wouldn't mind a sub-lumen mode from Eagletac, but given the pre-flash with this driver, it probably isn't the best candidate.

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened

I finally got to use my HC90vn for something necessary. I had to assemble a generator in the dark while it was raining (also had to put a awning up to shield it from rain). I found that I had to use it on high most of the time, and it provided just enough light. Only problem was it got too warm on my head so I had to take it off after about 30 minutes. I also had some headband clip holders (not sure the proper name) from another Fenix headlight band. I secured two other lights to the sides of the HC90vn, and that solved the heat problem. I guess high is really only intended for short term use.

Last edited:

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened

On average, a woman will consume 6 lbs of lipstick in her lifetime.

Also...

If you have a ball of glass and a ball of rubber, the ball of glass will bounce higher if dropped from the same height.

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened

Last one for me...

It is impossible to fold a piece of paper in half more than 7 times.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
In The Walking Dead, the characters have no idea what a zombie is. As in most movies in the genre, the idea of the dead rising up and eating humans is completely foreign. Also almost no one calls them zombies.

Snaps11

Newly Enlightened

Pringles are technically not potato chips but a slurry of rice, wheat, corn, and some potato flakes. Hmm

Last edited: