Vape Lounge

ven

Flashaholic
Pondering and pondering for a new Christmas set up and bit the bullet yesterday !!! After lots of thought i decided on the kanger platinum, like the form, now stainless(not platinum :laughing: ) and 0.1ohm+ which will work with my other purchase.........
http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-kbox-mini-platinum-mod

The OBS-CRIUS-V3 rebuildable tank, gets really good reviews and like the style!
https://www.wetvapes.com/index.php/obs-crius-rta-with-velocity-style-deck.html

So that will be my festive vape........

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my releaux yesterday... sunday delivery from USPS which was very surprising! I'm pretty impressed with the mod, but still a bit vary of trying it out due to my cold/flu not being completely got yet. Looks very nice with the black TFV4 i got to go with it. Surprisingly comfortable in the hand, doesn't seem bulky at all.

ven

Flashaholic
Still tempted by it IE , may still get one in the new year...........my extra free budget has gone on a new boost gauge :laughing:

My new tank should be here soon and have high expectations! cant wait for the platinum too..........hoping a nice week for toys!

Pics please:cool: the seller for me is the 3 cell set up and vaping for a day!!!

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vape A LOT on vacation, and two batteries in the cube lasted me about 4 hours, give or take. Hoping this one, with the parallel setup can last longer. But I'll have little cause to need that for a little while. I'll post some pics for you tonight :)

ven

Flashaholic
Cool, cheers, i hold you 100% responsible for costing me more money:p

Just make sure a bad angle, blurred/out of focus please :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
Well half way there, just await my tank now. Kanger platinum came and impressed with the solid heft feel. Real nice in hand just like the mini except feels quality. 60w and now has TC too

quality feel, no rattly buttons , really like it and suits other stainless tanks spot on. Hope picking time, of course a cold feel at first and showed finger prints easier than other mods. Far from deal breakers and expected really. Just digging deep to find anything negative :laughing:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice looking mod ven.

I haven't bought anything new for a while. Been happy with just using the VT200, the Macro DNA4 and my two Nebox mods.

The Nebox tanks are great for a full day out. Granted I think I would more than drain one from the time I leave the house in the morning to the time I get back at night so I usually either take both Neboxes or one Nebox and the Macro with a tank or two and some refill juice.

The VT200 stays at home with the big gun tanks. It's just too much to use in the car. When I look out my rear few after a puff it looks like my car just caught fire - gotta be irritating to the drivers behind me. I'm not looking to cause an accident.

I think I need to drop my nicotine levels a bit with these big tanks. I've been mixing at only 1mg but I still feel anxious and edgy at times so I think I'm getting too much nicotine. I probably go through about 20mL a day. Dang glad I am mixing my own right now!! But, I still buy a bottle here and there of some ones that I like. I've also still got some bottles to go through from before I was mixing - I'm getting there slowly but it's been taking some time.

ven

Flashaholic
It's great mixing your own juice , isn't it Sean , just changes everything and money saved can be used to justify new tanks or mods without guilt :laughing: Some leaks, some spilled.....don't like the flavour no big deal! Just make some more....

ven

Flashaholic
Although you dont need, i so think the platinum would suit you Sean, 60w which is enough for most uses, small/compact and stainless. Kind of...........how can i put it..........classy maybe or a prestige look/feel. It would compliment some of your edc lights etc etc well and hold up to abuse.

I can out of the mods right now, recommend it for Sean:D

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate the recommendation ven. It probably would work well for me but it's an odd wattage range cutoff for me right now. I have the Russians which I run around 14W, the SubTanks which I run at 28W and then there nothing up until the TFV4 and the Crown which are 65W+. So the DNA40 mods work fine and the VT200 takes up the slack in the high end. :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
on another note I could use some flavor recommendations. I want to try and make something new, just not sure where to go with the flavor.

I recently tried The Standard - G-35 and it was pretty amazing. The description is:
"This tropical blend consists of a mix of coconut, pineapple, mango with gentle hint of menthol for a fresh finish."

I have the Pina Colada I've made up which is pretty good but very fruity. I was thinking up putting some tropical flavors and a touch of Koolada in it to kick it up a bit.

ven

Flashaholic
I am not the best being not too adventurous, i can recommend a capella vanilla (v1 is better than v2 but contains a naughty ingredient..........although nothing proved and far less than in cigarettes) Then again most flavours that are creamy have diacetyl in .......

then mix some Bavarian cream in it around 1 to 5 ratio for extra smooth vanilla..........lovely vape.

Now the down side, for some reason it gunks up coils like no tomorrow, a bit of a bug bare tbh...............

I still fall back and use my capella bubble gum, just love the stuff

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
All right - bubble gum and baverian cream it is.

I try not to get the versions with the naughty ingredients. My lung spent too many year being beaten up with cigarettes and cigars. I'd prefer to put more safe stuff in them now if possible.

ven

Flashaholic
The bavarian cream goes with anything that cream makes nicer, be it strawberry or vanilla etc etc . Its an odd one as it does smell, but it really makes a vape extra creamy!!! Just finding the right flavour for it. Vanilla v2 is fine Sean;)

ven

Flashaholic
Slightly sticking power button on the platinum(why is it called that???? its stainless for gods sake) If pressed square no probs, slight angle and odd stick.................soooooo lubricated with bubble gum :laughing:

Couple of little drops and worked in, wiped the very small amount of excess up and bobs your uncle!!! Jobs a gooden:)

ven

Flashaholic
As i have now finished for christmas :party::party: i have brought my L2T home , so my heavy weight EDC's for the holidays ..........all stainless....well almost :laughing: i left the ss SF head in work:ohgeez:

Loving the platinum a lot............come on mr postman, my new tank is getting impatient to be with the kanger:tsk:

ven

Flashaholic
Well it has arrived and spent the last 20 mins faffing with the coils as too low ohm to register.....either way i just opened the coils and it upped the ohm's =job done at 0.28ohm dual coil

Pic heavy as i kind o get carried away:whistle:

Tank

There are coils supplied i found after building some ............

Base, 4 holes with hex not screws= far better!!!

Hex driver.......nice touch

Build before i changed coils and opened them up to raise resistance

Wicked

Coils opened and worked a treat

Best bit i really like now!!! look here at the holes under the wick that lead to the outside of base

Wicks pushed down and fed through, easier to keep a little twist at the end to aid feeding through

Still awake!!! :laughing:

Big air hole, wow is this an airy tank if you want it

So ready to go

Now another bit i really like, as well as the air adjuster, there is a juice adjuster, for PG or VG, the latter requires to be open more or fully due to being thicker.......great !!

Closed(look at the circle dead centre at bottom of tank)

air and juice open

Another bit i love and best yet for filling imo.......wow thats 3 things in 1 tank i love!!! got to be heading for a recommendation here!

Slide the top section up to reveal the fill

Fill and slide down, not too much too little resistance there, well designed

My new vape together

Looks pretty cool to me, maybe not to everyone but i love it

The drip tip is a nice size, fat but not too!!! cool as well in use

Random comparison, goblin mini/V3/TFV4/UD Zephyrus

Distructions

Thanks for getting this far and hope of some help to my fellow vape family:)

Now how does it vape...........still bedding in, but initial impressions are very good. The clear tip naturally clouds up, air fully open may actually be too much so tweaking there is key. To put into perspective............its airier than the tfv4!!!!! Guess thats says it all :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
Really bed in well now, tbh if nothing goes wrong I am made up and considerably better than the UD and ...well the goblin is crap compared :laughing:

To compare against the crown and tfv4 is tough, but being tough shows how good this tank is!! The design is better for the top/side fill, the air flow is on par or ahead of the tfv4 . The crown is more restrictive than both tanks here. Although the drip tip supplied gives a really nice feel/vape and the size spot on, I am not fond of clear drip tips tbh but no biggie , as can be swapped if I decide that way.

Rig now if you like to use RBA and user friendly, no leaks, great design then right now I will say it's a must buy

Random review, please be aware of the possibility of bad language, just in case kids are about :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice looking tank. I like the side fill slide - probably needs a small touch of VG to keep the action smooth and the seal tight. Will be curious about your thoughts after you Vape it through the holiday weekend.

I still seem to struggle with the dry hitting when I make up the RBAs in the other sub tanks I have so maybe a dedicated tank would work better for me. I'm set for a while though. And it's not like I have a flashlight hobby budget and a vaping budget. They are one in the same so if I'm buying vape stuff I am not buying lights...... and vice versa. And this has been a good month for some wonderful Oveready customs so nothing in it for the vape. :)

As a side note for my fellow vaper/flashlighters. Have you noticed that since you started vaping you've bought more IMR/hybrid batteries in the 18560 size and fewer LiCO chemistry? I certainly have. And the performance of these cells at 2400, 2600 and now 3000 mAh blow away any of the protected LiCO 3400mAh cells out there. I really don't see a need to go out and waste my money on way overpriced $20 protected 3400mAh 18650 cells when I can get better quality higher ampere and safer cells with less voltage sag for $5-$7 each.

ven

Flashaholic
It is difficult Sean, trust me as both interests/hobbies and addictions(that covers both) does cost , Christmas, 2 kids which luckily all sorted does not help . Of course kids come 1st and me down the pecking order!! and nothing beats the satisfaction of seeing their faces:)

So funds are not best :laughing: , i too am excited with my OR order of a cryos black z44 and another SF L2T host( just need a nice triple or quad drop in for it now...............) Money is tight!!!

Cells yep, i dont even bother or have bothered for a long time with regular 18650 cells, all mine now are IMR/INR chemistry. My fav happy medium for value/performance are samsung 30Q. However LG are not far behind!

I use them in my regular lights to modded ones, each light has thier own cells and then have spare cells too. I dont over kill some, a few have pany PD's in at 10a 3200mah for example.

I would say i have 20 ish standard 18650's naked and protected now (not counted and all over in different lights), rest hybrid high drain of maybe 40 or 60+ dont count tbh :laughing:

I do see IMR/INR beneficial in standard lights , as you say less V sag, so(just an example here so rough) a light may sag at 3.8v down bellow 3.6v, enough not to sustain turbo for long if at all, with a high drain you will get longer run times(even if in minutes) and even with less cell mah. As we know, the higher the mah, the more susceptible to sag. Maybe 2600-3000mah is the ideal mah for high drain cells. I have no evidence to back my thoughts and thats all they are on the ideal mah. Of course quicker re-charge times too!!!!

Again just imo:)