VB-16 HA-III Q5 Cree 16-Mode Flashlight

Confederate

Enlightened
Has anyone ordered (and actually received) this flashlight? I've been looking for reviews on it, but haven't found any. Being a 16-mode Q5 for thirty clams, it looks like a potentially good deal. Also, apparently there are two versions; one a Q5 and one that's not. One is rated at 150 lumens by the manufacturer, but since I don't read Chinese, I don't know which one it is. The new one is silver and has an HA-III finish. A black Q5 may be available, too, but if so, I haven't seen it.

Thanks!

vb16.jpg

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks more like this shape but a different color. This is a flat black Type Hard Anodize III.

This is my VB-16 (SSC P4 USWOI) from Waion.

vb16004smalljm4.jpg

Confederate

Enlightened
These are all good questions. The sad truth is that DX is taking a lot of orders and are not shipping any of these lights out. I've been unable to find even one person with one of these. On the DX site there are no reviews, no specs, no "Temporarily Out of Stock" and many people have a perpetual listing of "Ready for shipment shortly" in the status section of their orders. Looking it up on my handy, dandy Interpretations of Irritating Phrases That Tell You Absolutely Nothing, 2nd edition, Doublespeak Books, I found the following entry.

"Ready for shipment shortly." Commonly used for the more lengthy explanation, "We don't know where the hell the shipments are; we've been contacting the distributors about it for weeks and they won't tell us a bloody thing." Related closely to the phrase, "When we get 'em, you'll get yours; no promises."

To the mods: I accidentally posted the original message both here and in the LED forum. I was going to ask you to close this thread, but I feel it will yield more information than the LED post. So if you wish to delete the latter, please feel free to do so.