Very Reliable in Home use light

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
;) My little valiant cr123 twisty with a malkoff m31LL drop=in has come on using the same battery every night for what seems like forever. Just wanted to see what your in home very reliable light is....:thanks:....Robert.

Billy Berue

Newly Enlightened
I had been using a neutral Quark AA w/ 14500 for quite a while and really loved it (still do). I recently benched it in favor of the ZL SC60w but haven't used it long enough to know if it will be better in the long run. But so far, so good.

tam17

Enlightened
Diffused Fenix E01 on Eneloop. No low Low though, but it's much softer on the eyes than the stock version :cool:.

Cheers,

Tam

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't need a reliable light for home use. Almost any light is reliable enough for use in the home. I need lights that give me very low output for times when I wake up from sleep to visit the washroom and wouldn't want to disturb my wife. Lights like these are more useful than one that is bright and reliable. That said, I use my Surefire T1A and HDS most of the time and they happened to be very reliable.

longboat

Newly Enlightened
Are there any household tasks that require more light than a Fenix E05 puts out? Only downfall of that little light is that is doesn't have a 'low' (like <1 lumen) mode.

I keep an E01 handy so I can replace batteries in my other lights in the dark. :)

My wife keeps a PAKlite handy, that works for getting other lights going, too.

Outdoors, the TK20 has been plenty for me, as well as a 3C LED Maglite.

Lighteous

Enlightened
I don't need a reliable light for home use. Almost any light is reliable enough for use in the home. I need lights that give me very low output for times when I wake up from sleep to visit the washroom and wouldn't want to disturb my wife. Lights like these are more useful than one that is bright and reliable. That said, I use my Surefire T1A and HDS most of the time and they happened to be very reliable.

I agree regarding the fact that the very low settings are more useful around the home. I use my HDS and my ZL SC51 the most. The SC51 has a nearly silent UI which is better than a loud click from a Quark or Neutron 1C. Sometimes, though, if I don't hold down the switch of the SC51 long enough, the results can be quite bright and temper provoking... ZL users know what I mean! Generally speaking, I have found that every light I own is reliable--or has been so far.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sneaking around the house at night my favorite is a Surefire G2 incandescent with a 17670 battery. Less light, but good enough considering the guilt free lumens. I have lots of bright lights if I need them. As soon as I get home I put the G2 in my pocket. The G2L also runs on the 17670, but is brighter than I need, but is not as bright as aftermarket P60 LEDs.

Ronin

Newly Enlightened
For around the house the Leatherman Serac S2 has served me very well with a nice low <5 lumen and 35 lumen high when necessary. It's got a great clickie tail switch.

Latest posts